hi i have an acer aspire 1 with black screen no acer logo or bios access

booker97
booker97 Member Posts: 3 New User

i have an acer aspire 1 it was working perfect until it went to a blue blank screen then black now it doesnt do anything it just sits on that screen no acer logo comes on ive tied battery reset button still no effect does anyone have a fix for this problem im jammed ive tried all the manual reset buyttons its not the screen either

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,244 Trailblazer

Hi @booker97 tell us, please, what is the exact model of the computer and the version of Windows installed?
    Is the ignition light steady?
    Do you have the possibility to connect an external monitor or a TV and check if you have video?

Thank you.
    All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,524 Pathfinder

If your laptop won't boot (nothing happens, black screen, no keyboard lights) while your power adapter is plugged in and the small LED light on the side of your laptop is either orange or blue (steady or flashing) try this:

Unplug adapter, open the back of the laptop, disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard, press the Power button continuously (holding down, not toggling) for 2 minutes. Wait a few minutes more, reconnect the battery cable, close the back and plug in the power adapter. Try to boot. If you can boot without battery you need to replace the battery.

If you see no LEDS when the adapter is plugged in even when you wiggle the plug in the DC port of your laptop a bit you need to bring your laptop to Acer Services in your country to check the power supply or get a spare power adapter and try to boot with that one first.

• booker97

its not battery or power supply

• booker97

ive tried an external monitor and still nothing got a steady blue light its not the screen i belive its software relatd

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,524 Pathfinder
    edited May 2023

More likely hardware related, do the Power Drain method and include reseating your DDR models. A bad RAM module will also stop a laptop from booting. Disconnect the battery cable and press the Power Button for a full 2 minutes (holding the button down, don't toggle), Unseat the DDR RAM modules, clean the contacts with a rubber pencil eraser (try not to bend the modules). Replace the DDRs in the slots (consider replacing only 1 DDR in slot 1 or if 1 DDR is soldered, not place the DDR in the slot to see if that works). Reconnect the battery and try to boot.

If none of this helps bring your laptop to Acer Services in your country to fix the issue.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,244 Trailblazer

Before the problem, did you make any changes or try any updates on the computer?

Thank you.
    All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)