Problems connecting Predator XB323QKNV to MSI GF65 laptop with RTX 3060 GPU

Options
deezulboy
deezulboy Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently got an Acer Predator XB343QKN to use with my gaming laptop. The laptop (MSI GF65 10UE Geforce RTX 3060 GPU) has an HDMI port that I believe is only 2.0. I understand that is going to limit me somewhat, however, I'm just trying to get a stable picture and I can't seem to do that. Some games run fine, some games run but only in a window and not full screen, and some games won't play at all. Forgetting the games, I can't even extend my display. I can only clone. If I try to extend my display, the Predator monitor goes blank. I've installed the driver for the monitor from the Acer website. I've tried various changes in settings in GeForce Control panel changing the scaling settings and other things as well as Windows display settings and also the monitor settings but nothing seems to help. I've tried multiple HDMI cables of various speeds. I have an old standard 17" LCD display that I connected to the laptop and it worked flawlessly, the problem only happens when connected to the Predator monitor. I don't know if this is a hardware issue or if there's just some setting I need to change. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

If you choose to extend the display, then go into display settings on the laptop screen, what does it show for screen resolution and frequency on the external monitor?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.