I have a error on start up and won’t start up normally. Please someone help me.

Options
Frankly
Frankly Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in Acer Software

I mistakenly pressed a button in bios when I wiped my computer with a cloth and now my pc

won’t start up normally. Please someone help me

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,822 Trailblazer
    Options

Boot to UEFI/BIOS with the F2 key and check if the SATA mode has changed (should be AHCI) then check the VMD feature and make sure it’s disabled if you don't have a NVMe storage device, if you cannot find the feature, Ctrl + S (Sierra) will open the advanced BIOS options. Reboot. If still the same Stop code, boot to BIOS again and Reset BIOS to factory settings. Save on exit and reboot. If still the same Stop code: Inaccessible boot device:

Boot and press Alt+F10 after the Acer logo to get the WindowsRE Blue Screen menus.

In Troubleshoot; click on the Command Prompt.
    Paste the following commands individually and press Enter after each to repair the MBR:
    bootrec /FixMbr
    bootrec /FixBoot
    bootrec /ScanOs
    bootrec /RebuildBcd

Reboot and if successful repair the Windows system files by pasting the following commands in the Command Prompt opened as administrator:

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

This should end with "Successfully Completed" if not run again.

Then paste this in the same command prompt

SFC /scannow (note the extra space after SFC).

This may end with "Found corrupted files that could not be repaired" (or were repaired), run again till you see "No integrity violations found".