Predator helios 300 PH317 56 76xp SSD updgrade, i trying find any info about ssd

Eimantas
Eimantas Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hello guys, i having predator PH317 56 model with 1tb ssd and i run out of space , i trying find any info about ssd , its saying i having 2 slot for ssd , but looks like second slot is empty and i can’t put there , maybe somebody try or alredy install and can help me with this , thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hi,

Yes, you can install another M.2 Gen 4 NVMe SSD in the second slot up to 2TB, if you don't have any warranty warning sticker on top of any screws at the base cover, open it and install the SSD.

https://uk.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/acer/predator-helios-300-ph317-56-70xj?ac=PH317-56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L42eWDVhuXQ

• Eimantas

@brummyfan2 Thanks for help 👍

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Eimantas

@egydiocoelho 👍 Thanks

• zzzNomaDzzz
    zzzNomaDzzz Member Posts: 3 New User

Добрый день! А после самостоятельной установки или замены SSD, гарантия не пропадёт?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer

Обычно вы не потеряете гарантию, если не повредите какие-либо внутренние компоненты, но лучше обратиться в местный центр поддержки Acer, чтобы подтвердить это, поскольку условия гарантии в других странах отличаются.

Normally you will not lose warranty, if you don't damage any internal components but it's better to check with local Acer Support centre to confirm this because warranty conditions are different in other countries.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/languages

Если в вашем регионе нет центра поддержки Acer, примите меры предосторожности при обновлении, например, отсоедините аккумулятор, наденьте антистатический браслет и не прикасайтесь к каким-либо компонентам на материнской плате.

If you don't have Acer Support centre in your region, take precaution while upgrading, like disconnecting the battery, use an anti static wrist band and avoid touching any components on the motherboard.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer

Just in addition, the quickest PCIe4x4 M.2 drive is the Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD, so consider that drive as the Samsung drives have great software and inhouse cloning software also.

• zzzNomaDzzz

Никто не подскажет как разбить Райд массив на обычные диски? (чтобы физически были 2 диска, Локальный диск С и Локальный диск D)

• Can you translate the question into English? Do you want to mount two ssds in raid 0?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zzzNomaDzzz

remove raid array(I do not like the fact that 2 disks are merged into 1)

• In this case, I advise you to back up your files. You can remove the raid like this:
    diskpart
    list vol
    sel vol 3
    clean

Then make sure the disks are separate.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer