Turned on Screen Remains Dark (Acer Predator XB253QGPbmiiprzx)

Options
benjoe80
benjoe80 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi all,

I recently purchased two Acer Predator XB253QGPbmiiprzx 25" full HD gaming monitor (purchase date 21/03/2023). One of the two - the secondary display - suddenly stopped working today. The LED light indicates that it recevies power and it is on, but the screen remains dark / black (see attached image). I restarted the PC, turned the screen off and on numerous times - no results. Checked and re-installed the latest graphic card driver (just to be sure) - no results. Checked the other available ports on the graphic card - no results. Swapped the DP cable to an HDMI - no results. Connected the faulty screen to my laptop via HDMI cable - no results.

Product's Part Number: UM.KX3EE.P12

Any idea what might be the issue?

I contacted Acer Support and currently awaiting their response.

benjoe80

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    Options

But did you toggle the screens control keys F5-F6 (on my laptop) after booting?

• benjoe80
    Options

Hi Puraw,

I am not sure what that should achive… anyway, I tried it as suggested but nothing.

To be honest, I use the screens with my desktop. I just briefly connected the faulty screen to my laptop as final solutions to see if it would work with the laptop maybe.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Since you have already swapped the cables, which is usually the issue, do you see the splash screen on the monitor when you first power it on? If so we know the screen is working at least. If no splash screen then likely the monitor has died and you should go ahead and swap it out with your vendor.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • benjoe80
    Options

Hi billsey,

Unfortunately, the cables are fine. No, there is no splash screen during booting up and the screen remains total dark / black. The only indication to that it is on, is the little blue LED light. Otherwise one might think it isn't even on.

Yes, I sent it back to the manufacturer and currently awaiting it fixed. It is annoying though! The screen was only month and a half old!

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,501 Trailblazer
    Options

@benjoe80 If you press the rear button does the setup appear on the screen?

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

It will be interesting to see what they find. I'm guessing the main board went bad, but it might have been the power circuit…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • benjoe80
    Options
  • Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,501 Trailblazer
    Options

In that case it seems that as Bill says there is a physical problem on the screen itself.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)