Acer Aspire 7 doesnt turn on when its on battery power?

Options
Deep_ion
Deep_ion Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 10 in Aspire Laptops

I bought a Acer Aspire 7 a few months ago and from the past 2 days my laptop wouldnt boot up until or unless I plug in the adapter.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

Plug in your adapter and boot to Windows, in device manager uninstall MS ACPI compliant control method Battery and reboot. Check if your battery is dead with Windows Battery Report: Type/paste the following line in the Command Prompt

powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html

Double click on the report saved on your Desktop and compare last Full Charged Capacity with the Design Capacity. If near zero or very low you have 1 or more dead cells.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

Just further suggestions and what you should be aware of, anything you do and if you open your laptop will void your warranty. Your laptop is under 12 Acer warranty, send your laptop to Acer Support as these symptoms should not be happening with a new laptop as a laptop should work on battery and no matter what you do, it won’t fix the problem.

• Brycen43
    Brycen43 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2023
    Options

Check the battery connections, Remove the battery, and clean the metal contacts on both the battery and the laptop. Reinsert the battery and try turning on the laptop. I think the issue will be sorted out

• capcutapkdownload
    capcutapkdownload Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

If your Acer Aspire 7 isn't turning on when it's on battery power, there are a couple of steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. First, plug in the adapter and boot to Windows, then uninstall the MS ACPI compliant control method battery in the device manager and reboot. This might help resolve the problem. Additionally, you can check the health of your battery by generating a Windows Battery Report using the Command Prompt. This will help you determine if the battery itself is the issue, potentially due to dead cells or other malfunctions.

• gshira31
    gshira31 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have the same problem, it happened right after when the warranty was over. Same laptop, does not turn on unless plugged it but stays on afterwards even after its unplugged.

• RIZK78
    RIZK78 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

There are a few things you may try to fix if your Acer Aspire 7 won't turn on when it's running on battery power. In order to uninstall the MS ACPI compliant control method batteries in the device manager and restart Windows, first plug in the adapter and boot to Windows. This could assist in fixing the issue. You may also use the Command Prompt to generate a Windows Battery Report and see how well your battery is doing. This will assist you in determining whether the problem is with the battery itself, possibly as a result of dead cells or other issues.