Problem using 144hz on 144hz there wil be all lines on top of the screen

Options
rowanf
rowanf Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2023 in Monitors

Hi there,

So since a few days i have an issue using the 144hz display on my laptop. Couldn't find a lot of information about the issue online so my last option is to get some help here.

I found out that whenever i put the laptop on 60hz it works fine, on 144hz there wil be all lines on top of the screen and from there to the bottom of the screen it completely freezes it, after like a few seconds the screen unfreezes a little bit, so i can move the mouse or open something with terrible lagg/delay in whatever i do. The weird thing is, the upper part of the screen above the lines where the - [] + is works normal, but ofcourse i can't work on a small space like that.

[Edited the thread to  add  issue detail]

Also, when i share the screen with my tv trough hdmi, it will work fine on the tv, but not on the laptop. I hope someone can help me, atleast understanding where the problem is.

I have tried a clean install of windows, didn't work.

All drivers and windows updates are up to date.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,062 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023
    Options

The problem that you have is because of a screen issue and you need to change the screen, you can try to open the laptop and see if the eDP cable plugs at the screen and mobo are not damaged especially the cable itself, but your symptoms is in the screen. Get a technician to diagnose your laptop and pin point where the problem is. You can also upgrade this laptops screen to a 165Hz refresher rate screen from BOE NE156QHM-NY3 its USD$117.00, have a look at that link that I've given you. Also, think about upgrading to this screen while your oem screen needs changing.

These are all the screens specs fitted to the AN515-45 laptop, you also need to see the model number of the screen that Acer fitted to your laptop as reference when changing the screen.