Nvidia Geforce MX150 is not detecting in Acer nitro 5 (AN515-31)

anwar737001
anwar737001 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited May 2023 in Nitro Gaming

i have upgraded my laptop's ram and installed new NVMe ssd and i also played some game in my laptop with my graphic. but when i try to play two days then i notice that nvidia geforce mx150 graphic card is not detecting in my laptop. even the graphic card is not visible in device manager.

I have tried lots solutions available in internet but none of them worked. tried to clean install my windows several times but still the graphic card is not detecting.
once it was detected when i uninstalled the pci-express-root-complex drive from system device but unfortunatly i tried to install new updated graphic version which i had downloaded from nvidia's website and it had gone again, Now i have tried same thing again but no luck still graphic card is not detecting in device manager.

Attaching the device manager screenshot for the reference.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,522 Pathfinder

Did you upgrade to Windows11, with an USB stick and ISO file or automatically with Windows10 Update?

Acer Support does not offer any W11 drivers for your laptop so you may have a W11 GPU driver compatibilty issue.

If you still are on W10, unstall all your Display drivers (both Intel and NVIDIA) with DDU in Safe Mode.

Reboot and let Windows install the best drivers.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@anwar737001

On the device manager screen, you need to click on view tab - view hidden devices

check whether you are able to see the display adapter in hidden devices

If you are able to see it then uninstall it , dont restart the computer. Install the display adapter without restarting the computer.

If you are not able to see the display adaper getting recognized in view hidden devices on device manager then we have to do a power drain and bios defaults.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience..   Let us do the basic steps first..

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help.  Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and – sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you don’t find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed, flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.  After releasing the button you should wait a while before plugging in power. Just because the button has been pressed doesn’t bleed off all the residual electricity on the motherboard. Wait 15-30 minutes before plugging in power. Then once power is connected wait for a full battery indication before turning the system on. That allows the battery to fully reset it’s internal statistics.

Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   

It might also be the issue with battery, charger or power outlet.   Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet.  Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet.    Try to use an alternative charger if possible.    Try to turn on the computer without the charger and check it  ( as long as the battery is not drained out )  

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand Battery
    right click on all the items below battery – uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• anwar737001

Tinkerer

@William_mk2 tried your battery reset solution(Using the back pin hole), but still the nvidia graphic card is not detecting in device manager.

• anwar737001

Tinkerer

@Puraw used the DDU to uninstall all display driver but still windows is installing only intel graphic card driver but not nvidia graphic card driver.

• Puraw

You are not telling us your Windows version?

Windows11 update does that, Windows10 not so much. Did you run DDU again in Safe Mode to check for "old" redundant GPU drivers, try that it will find a bunch that may confuse Windows update when you boot.

Have you tried to install Acer's original W10 GeForce Mx150 driver: 2018/03/06 Version:388.73, Vendor: NVIDIA, Size: 559.37 MB?

If you upgraded to W11 the Mx 150 card is not compatible, you have to upgrade to Mx 250 if your MOBO is compatible.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

The NVIDIA chip sits on the PCIe bus, channels 1-4, with the NVMe SSD on the same PCIe bus on channels 9-12. LAN is on channel 5, WLAN on channel 6, SATA HDD on channel 7 and SATA ODD on channel 8. If everything else on the bus is working then the issue is much more likely the NVIDIA chip and not the bus itself. Unfortunately there's no real fix for a bad chip, short of a motherboard swap. Since the system was release in May of 2018 you should be able to find replacement motherboards on the secondary market, but it's a bit of a tossup as to whether going that route or just upgrading to a newer system is best.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • anwar737001

Tinkerer

@Puraw i currently using windows 10 in my laptop. and when i try to install the graphic driver which is available in acer website ( The same you mentioned in the chat.) still it is not getting install and giving the error "The graphich driver dose not found any compatible hardware.".

• anwar737001

Tinkerer

@billsey how to check if old motherboard is in good working condition??

• Puraw

Bring your laptop to Acer Services in your country and let them figure it out. IMO you have a hardware problem with your GPU.

• Try resetting the battery:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • anwar737001

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho already tried the battery reset thing but no luck with it also.

• Have you tried to reinstall windows?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • anwar737001

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho Yes, I have tried to reinstall window but still not working.

• Is your laptop under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nikhilassudani
    nikhilassudani Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey @anwar737001 have you found any solution? Im facing th same issues and its just because of installing windows 11 so if you have found something.. just let me know