GN276HL Monitor Gone Dark on Right Side

Options
Sizewell
Sizewell Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a GN276HL monitor since Feb 2017. Yesterday when I switched it on it went dark on the right side of the monitor like a big shadow. I have a RTX 3060 video card, so updated driver, but still the same. After some searches I tried pressing the input button on the monitor and it cycled though to HDMI and the screen returned to normal. Later in the day, the monitor had gone into standby but the shadow on the right had returned so pressed input button and again it returned to normal.

Today when I switched on, there was the dark shadow on the right side, pressed input button again and after cycling through to HDMI it returned to normal and then back again to the dark shadow after a few seconds. Tried it a few times and still the same. Swapped HDMI cable but still the same dark shadow.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Sizewell
    Options

I have resolved the issue.

It was windows changing the sound from Realtek to the monitor. It has done this several times before, but then it never affected the monitor only no sound. I have now disabled anything to do with the monitor in sound.

• Sizewell
    Options

Ok, so on starting today, the dark shadow on the right is back.

Tried plugging in and old PC to the monitor and it was the same, dark shadow.

Tried plugging in my PC to the TV (using HDMI) and no problem, all working ok so I guess its the monitor on its way out.

Time to buy a new monitor.