Acer QG24Y monitor Screen Flashes Black in Game When Changing Volume

Options
Ashckroft
Ashckroft Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2023 in Monitors

Hello,
Recently I bought Acer QG24Y monitor and when I play COD:MW2 the screen flashes black during alt+tab and changing system volume from the multimedia keys on my keyboards. Went in the game to change the game screen mode, but out of the 3 options for fullscreen modes I don't see any difference and the problem persists. When I selected WINDOW mode is the only difference.
The black screen comes twice - when the volume pop up window appears and when it fades.

[Edited the thread to  add  issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,730 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Ashckroft It could be a connection type problem, this can happen when Display Port is used, is this the connection you are using?

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options

Alt Tab while in a game usually switches to the desktop, which forces a screen refresh with resolution change. A short blank screen is normal any time you change resolution.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.