Aspire TC 1760 UR11 Make a wish for me I can't find a better deal at this price.

yosef99
yosef99 Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I have total $600 to spend on a computer. best I can come up with is:

A refurbished (guaranteed 2 years) Aspire TC 1760 UR11 core I5-12400, 3.5 ghz, 8 G ram (up to 32G), 500G m.2 sata, Intel graphics.

Amazon: $600 Ebay $500 (includes taxes).

I can't find a better deal at this price.; Can you help me out? What would YOU get if you only have $600 total?

I am open to any idea or brand , but it has to at least match the specs above and it has to be desktop.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

[Edited the thread  to add  model  name to the  title and  issue detail]

Best Answers

• yosef99
    Answer ✓

Billsey: Thanks again! Due to a bunch of mishaps I am now getting a

TC 1760 UA92 12 gig, instead of UR11 8 gig… getting here on Wednesday!!!

They both seem identical, except for starting ram size (8 gig vs 12)

But I expect your SD answer will apply to it also.

• yosef99
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

For $600 USD I presume that you have? And the Aspire TC 1760 UR11 for $500 is great value, as its got the 12th Gen cpu 512 GB SSD and 16GB DDR4-3200Mhz ram, is great value especially being an Acer product, as later on you can upgrade this desktop that has a 300W PSU, and it will handle an upgrade to a GPU like the EVGA GTX 1660 SC Ultra 6GB GDDR5, Dual Fan, Metal Back plate and upgrade the ram to 32GB which will make this desktop handle some pretty high end gaming. Go for it as anything else in this bracket are of a much lower spec and quality

• yosef99

Thank you Steven, but FYI: the UR11 model only has 8 gig installed…the UA92 has 12 gig. Neiter one comes with 16, but I can upgrade the UR11 into 16 gig cheaper than buying the UA92 with 12 gig!

I'm leaving this open in case anyone else has any diferent ideas.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Yes, the TC-1760 models are pretty good deals. I bought a refurb like that one for my wife earlier in the year. Do be aware that you also need a monitor for a full system, the keyboard and mouse should come with…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • yosef99

Billsey: Thank you for your comment…Honestly I'm pretty strapped for cash, so I am looking for the best possible PC I can get for < $600. So far the TC 1760 is the best deal I have found for under $600 ($459 + tax on Ebay refurbished by ACER) + $20 for 8 gig ram… (about $520 total), and yes, I know I need the monitor (I have 4).

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited April 2023

Deleted. xxxx

• yosef99

Billsey: Did yours come with the SD reader installed?

I heard some of the refurbished models were lacking the reader, just an empty slot? I'm hoping not…Thanks in advance!

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,174 Pathfinder

@yosef99

We are glad that you are showing up your interest in purchasing a brand new computer. 

Please visit the website – support.acer.com – chose your country – click on shop.   It will show you all the latest and new computers.    You can see all the models from low end to high end configurations.   You can look at all the models one by one.   Please chose the best one which suits your budget and needs.   You can also buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. 

Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   If you need more details you can call and check with them.

I suggest you to wait till New Year, Thanks Giving Day, Christmas.. You might get a $1000 New computer for may be $600 at discounted deal.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey

The population of the rader or the DVD is dependent on SKU. They made lots of different models by either putting those parts in or leaving them out. Since it's designed to be a low end machine cost is everything for some users, hence the SKUs that don't populate those items and have less memory and smaller drives. The SKU you are looking at (TC-1760-UR11) has a DVD but doesn't have a card reader.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • yosef99
    Answer ✓

Billsey: Thanks again! Due to a bunch of mishaps I am now getting a

TC 1760 UA92 12 gig, instead of UR11 8 gig… getting here on Wednesday!!!

They both seem identical, except for starting ram size (8 gig vs 12)

But I expect your SD answer will apply to it also.

• billsey

Yeah, the TC-1760 base is what they are both built in, it's only the installed features that are different.

• yosef99
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your answer