Upgrading RAM and adding storage for Acer Predator Helios 16 PH16-71-95L8

Options
Esbee
Esbee Member Posts: 1 New User

I am planning to upgrade to 64GB of DDR5 5600Mhz memory.
What is the maximum supported DDR5 5600Mhz memory size?

I am also planning to add 2TB of storage.
What s the maximum supported secondary storage size?

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Esbee

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too. 

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Kindly go through the details which is captured from service manual designed for your computer.

Pict 1

Pict 2

Pict 3

Pict 4

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,521 Trailblazer
    Options

This is brand new system probably still under warranty, why not ask Acer Services to do the upgrades for you rather than voiding the Warranty (by adding SSDs)?

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,804 Pathfinder
    Options

@Esbee there is no capacity limit for the storage. You can upgrade to an 8TB SSD or depending on your usage and budget

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Esbee

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too. 

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Kindly go through the details which is captured from service manual designed for your computer.

Pict 1

Pict 2

Pict 3

Pict 4

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

In addition to the above information by fellow members, you can upgrade memory up to 32GB in this model but 64GB may or may not work, you have to try it at your own risk to find out.

• etuckram
    etuckram Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Can I ask for a copy of the service guide please?