Apire E15 model often shuts down on its own

Subbu58
Subbu58 Member Posts: 1 New User

My Apire E15 model often shuts down on its own. It is indeed irritating often as I have start all over again. Why this is happening?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,174 Pathfinder

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,827 Trailblazer

Besides hardware problems (adapters) It indicates a driver issue or system file corruption. If your laptop is new you should focus on updating your drivers and Windows (check for updates).

Go to Device Manager, expand all your devices, including the hidden ones and check for yellow problem icons. Uninstall the problem drivers and reboot, Windows will have reinstalled compatible drivers.

To check your system files for corruption, go online and paste this line in the command prompt, opened as administrator

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

After you get "Successfully completed" type this line in the command prompt (again opened as administrator)

SFC /scannow (don't forget the space after SFC)

You may get "Found corrupted files that were repaired" have a look in Windows\logs\CBS\CBS.log (double click) scroll to the bottom (or press the End key on your number pad) what that corrupted file was (probably a .DLL file). Run SFC again till you get No Integrity violation found.

To see what caused a crash type Security and Maintenance>Maintenance>Reliability Monitor and check for red critical errors and add the bottom open the problem reports.

Also open after each crash the Event Viewer and check the critical errors there too.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

If it just shuts off without any warning or error message, it might be thermally caused. Run a background app like Core Temp and keep an eye on the temperatures. Any time the CPU temperature exceeds 100C it will do a forced shutdown. If that's the issue then you will want to look at cleaning the fins on your CPU cooler and likely repaste the thermal compound.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.