Aspire XC600 is there any other mother boards that will fit the case ?

Sharonea
Sharonea Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a Aspire XC600 is there any other mother boards that will fit the case ? Not a Acer, intel would be better

[Edited  the  thread  to  add  issue detail]

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Which version Aspire XC600 desktop do you have, as the XC600 came out with either a Socket 1155 - 2nd or 3rd Gen Intel CPU motherboard, the form factor of these mobos are "Micro ATX Form Factor; 19cm x 17cm" with an Intel H61 chipset with the CPUs listed below. If your XC600 has the 2nd Gen i3-2120 cpu updgrading to the Core i7-2700K will give you a Relative performance increase of 95% over the i3-2120 cpu.

If your XC600 has the 3rd Gen is an i3-3220 cpu that the best upgrade is to a higher spec Intel Core i7-3770S CPU you will get a Relative performance increase of 99% over the oem i3-3220 cpu, so as you can see uopgrading the cpu is also and essential part of an uupgrade if you will upgrade the mobo as is the ram, as the 3rd Gen cpus can operate on DDR3-1600Mhz or even DDR3-1866Mhz type ram.

These days you can only purchase used mobos like these on eBay or similar sites or search this Gigabyte site here: Intel Socket 1155 | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global as this is a good guide of some of their similar spec socket 1153 mobos of those days.

This is a Gigabyte GA-B75M-S (rev. 1.0) mobo that would be suitable and better upgrade to its B75M chipset as an upgrade:

This is the Acer OEM XC600 desktops mobo,2nd Gen cpu and suitable ram and their Acer part numbers:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Everything Steven says is correct, be aware though that just dropping a uATX motherboard in the case isn't going to be enough. The new motherboard wil require a new CPU and new memory as well, since the technology has change so much in the last ten years. You might find it simpler to just buy a new system…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Which version Aspire XC600 desktop do you have, as the XC600 came out with either a Socket 1155 - 2nd or 3rd Gen Intel CPU motherboard, the form factor of these mobos are "Micro ATX Form Factor; 19cm x 17cm" with an Intel H61 chipset with the CPUs listed below. If your XC600 has the 2nd Gen i3-2120 cpu updgrading to the Core i7-2700K will give you a Relative performance increase of 95% over the i3-2120 cpu.

If your XC600 has the 3rd Gen is an i3-3220 cpu that the best upgrade is to a higher spec Intel Core i7-3770S CPU you will get a Relative performance increase of 99% over the oem i3-3220 cpu, so as you can see uopgrading the cpu is also and essential part of an uupgrade if you will upgrade the mobo as is the ram, as the 3rd Gen cpus can operate on DDR3-1600Mhz or even DDR3-1866Mhz type ram.

These days you can only purchase used mobos like these on eBay or similar sites or search this Gigabyte site here: Intel Socket 1155 | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global as this is a good guide of some of their similar spec socket 1153 mobos of those days.

This is a Gigabyte GA-B75M-S (rev. 1.0) mobo that would be suitable and better upgrade to its B75M chipset as an upgrade:

This is the Acer OEM XC600 desktops mobo,2nd Gen cpu and suitable ram and their Acer part numbers:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Everything Steven says is correct, be aware though that just dropping a uATX motherboard in the case isn't going to be enough. The new motherboard wil require a new CPU and new memory as well, since the technology has change so much in the last ten years. You might find it simpler to just buy a new system…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.