Tinkerer

edited April 2023 in Windows 11

How to update Bios Acer Predator PO5-615s windows 11

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Check if windows update, under optional updates, provides an update for the bios. It is important to remember that this is a risky upgrade.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • rrrr122
    rrrr122 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

I already did this when unzipping just a folder with folders

• rrrr122

Tinkerer

Options

i try to run files from diffrent folders only windows alerts, I click continue anyway and then no reaction, I also turned off the antivirus

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,259 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023
    Options

Windows11 Update will install the latest BIOS (optional update) automatically but if you have UEFI issues or need to reset BIOS the safest way is to flash the new BIOS with a USB flash drive, alternatively look for the .exe installer (see this video) to update your BIOS in Windows11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwgIBjsqBIM

If you are unable to find or not sure about the .exe istaller in any of these folders do the USB flash method.

Open the EFI folder, Appendix may have a Read me txt file with instructions.

You are looking for an extracted filename with a BIN, ROM, WPH or FD extension. Rename that file  DH5JVx64.FD It's size should be roughly 9MB, and copy that to a USB2.0 flash drive (Fat32 formatted)

Then insert the USB2.0 flash drive in one of your USB2.0 ports. Turn the machine completely off. Then press and hold the FN + ESC keys. Plug in the charger. Then turn the machine on. Don't let go of the FN+ESC keys until you see LED activity on the USB drive. If it fails, try the other USB2.0 port. If successful, the machine will automatically shut off or reboot. (After Jack E/NJ March 2019).

See also these instructions to flash BIOS with a USB drive:

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1849-flashing-the-bios-for-an-acer-aspire/

• rrrr122

Tinkerer

Options
  • wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited April 2023
    Options

Here is a step by step tutorial I received from an Acer support member.

0. Extract zip-file to a folder.

1. copy ROM and WIN folder from the unzipped folder directly to the C:\ partition. If you done it correctly, you will see a folder Named ROM and a folder named WIN in your partion c.
    2. press the Windows key once and type "Command Prompt" on the keyboard.
    3. a search field appears and there is the command prompt app.
    4. right click on it with the mouse and select "Run as administrator".
    5. in the command prompt that opens, type cd\ and press Enter.
    6. then type "cd win" and press the enter key.
    7. then type "FLASH_x64.bat" and press enter.
    8. when the update is done, the machine asks for a reboot, which you do then.
    9. there will be a few dark reboots and when the machine wants to boot again, press the Del/Del key in intervals to get into the bios (after the system has done the rest of the update process).
      Once there, press the F9 key once and then the Enter key.
      After that, press the F10 key and then the Enter key.
      This loads the Bios default settings (which you should do after a Bios update) and saves it.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Check if windows update, under optional updates, provides an update for the bios. It is important to remember that this is a risky upgrade.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

You don't need to update the BIOS in order to run Windows 11…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.