My SD card reader in the laptop does not run/crashes my PC

Options

I've had so many problems with this PC, from graphics drivers uninstalling themselves to apps making my pc freeze and break my BIOS. Anyway this time it's my SD card reader, it won't show an SD card in the reader in file explorer or adobe bridge or even disk management. My device manager says there is a Realtek PCIE CardReader driver but nothing shows up in disk manager. What happened was recently I was using bridge to edit a photoshoot with my photos in the SD card in the reader, then suddenly Bridge freezes and I use task manager to end the app. I relaunch bridge and see my SD card is missing so i take it out and put it back in and it shows up for a second but then disappears again. I switch to using a USB SD card reader which works but I would prefer to use the one in the PC. A day later I try to do driver uninstallation and installation to the card reader which still nothing has worked, though I'm not sure how to do the silent install thing the readme says I could try. Is there any other fixes to this or do I have to send this PC in to Acer?

Answers

• MaxineB724
    MaxineB724 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

My laptop is a ConceptD 3 ezel (ConceptD CC314-72G)

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,029 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023
    Options

Your ConceptD 3 Card Reader is the same card reader as millions of laptops have and have had, there is nothing wrong with your card reader, unless your SD card is damaged or is not inserted properly. Go to Device Manager and reinstall the oem ConceptD 3 CC314-72G Card Reader Driver Version: 10.0.19041.21334 that is for your laptop,as this will refresh the driver.

Go to Device Manager > Card Reader > Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and click on the Acer available Card Reader version for your ConceptD 3 laptop, as this will refesh the driver so that it works 100%..

Do the same with your graphics drivers, as a graphics driver uninstalling itself is very unusual. With NVidia drivers you need to always uninstall the previous NVidia graphics driver and do a clean install of the new driver, same with the Intel graphics drivers where its best to install their official Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan and install all the latest Intel drivers for your laptop.