vertical line on screen (VG280K monitor) the line flickered until it disappeared.

Options
Tonos
Tonos Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2023 in Monitors

Last year I purchased a VG280K monitor. To switch modes more easily I installed the Acer Display Widget. A couple of months ago a this vertical line started to appear on my screen, always in the same place, about an inch from the right side. A while ago I noticed that the colour of the line started to vary when I switched between modes. When I exited the Widget the line disappeared, but the next day it was back again. Last week the line wouldn't disappear anymore after exiting the Widget.

Yesterday I uninstalled the widget completely but still the line remained solidly in place. However, when I switched to a lower energy mode just now it disappeared. I switched back to a bright game mode and it came back again, not black but a sort of dark magenta. Then I switched to the lower energy mode again and the line flickered until it disappeared.

Can you tell me if it is a hardware or a software problem? And what can I do about it in either case?

Thanks!

[Edited  the  thread  to  add  issue detail]

Answers