Acer Verton Z4880G Boot from Network or USB to take source image for deployment

jmoshea
jmoshea Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2023 in All-In-One PCs

How best to do this? I have my Acer Verton Z4880G all set for capturing an image for deployment (I have 14 more of them to configure). However, when I boot from my usual USB, the SSD does not show up, and when I press F12 to get the boot menu, the Ethernet connection is not present. What can I do to fix this?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Please post a phone photo of the BIOS advanced tab integrated peripherals sub-menu if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

The Windows installer images don't have the Intel iRST drivers included. Download them from Acer's website and extract to get the SetupRST.zip file, then extract that to your installer flash drive. When you get to the point in the install where it asks for a location, load the drivers from that extracted folder and the SSD will show up. The Veriton Z4880G models came with either of a couple of different Ethernet hardware chips, so you will have to match the drivers to what's actually installed. IIRC there are Intel and Realtek chips, so you should have both drivers handy.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.