Acer Predator Orion 3000 Gaming Desktop.. Screen failed to login

Longyi
Longyi Member Posts: 3 New User

Upon setting up my new Acer Predator Orion 3000 Gaming Desktop, I login via a microsoft account with the password. I restart the PC, I cannot login and the PC will not go into windows. I search online for the solution. None of them work. Finally, I shut down the PC and remove the power code. After 15 minutes, I start the PC, it login without any problem. Has anyone seen this problem.? Will this happen again?

Win 11 also forbid the creation of local user account. Finally, I convert one of the microsoft account to a local account. OK.

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023

Windows 11 does allow you to create a local account at the intial start, but it's not obvious or easy. The best way to do it is just don't connect to a network at the beginning and finish setup without internet. Once you have the local account configured you can go ahead and connecto to the internet as usual. My guess is the glitch you saw was due to it not being on the internet during that first login after setup. Windows needs to validate your credentials at that point. Once you've gone through the process fully it will remember cached credentials so you shouldn't see it again.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Longyi

Billsey's approach will probably work (set up without Network).

I connected the PC to the Internet as per instruction from the manufacturer, and set up the Micrsoft user account to login. Upon restart, it will not login again and freeze upon booting. Finally, I power off the entire system and disconnect the power. When I restart again with power on, login via the Microsoft account is then possible. I did not create the user account without connection to the network.

The Predator Orion 3000 Gaming Desktop has defective label: 3OOO instead of 3000 on the box, PO3·630G·UW91 is written as PO3.63O.UW91. The package does not distinguish O Vs 0 (zero). There is no instructions: I have to find my way to download the PREDATOR ORION 3000 User's manual to figure out how to turn off the annoying light. I did not install the transparent side panel. With these series of oversight, the product is not selling. Starting off with a price of $1000 per unit, the price finally drops to CA$599.97 to clear out all the units with two years of warranty from Costco.

Installing old printer such HP lasejet 1012, old scanner such as HP5590 Scanjet under Windows 11 are not straightforward, but these hardware works. The problem is not Acer, but it lies in the many problems of Windows 11 and attempted Microsoft Monopoly in defaulting most save files to One Drive and the monopoly annual lease of Office 365 etc.

PREDATOR ORION 3000 is not the type of plugin and easy to use PC without problems.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2

@Longyi

In the future if the password of microsoft account is not working you can always visit the link given below on a different device like ipad, computer and reset the password

https://account.live.com/password/reset

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Longyi

Thanks. William_mk2 Those links will be helpful to others.

1. I try to create the user account without Microsoft email. The screen by screen shot approach works OK, but it fails to create the local user login account at the end when the PC is online to the network. This is a common problem for new PCs released under WIN10 and then updgraded to WIN 11 for sale by the manufacturer.
    2. I have not tried the command prompt approach in creating a local account. It should work.
    3. My Microsoft account password does not require resetting.
    4. I took the easy way out by converting one of the Microsft account login into a local account. It works.

• William_mk2
    Answer ✓

@Longyi

Kindly go through the details from the links given below to create a local account using command prompt

Try windows + x

Go to Terminal admin or power shell admin or command prompt admin

It is very simple to create. Just 2 steps. Create a user called John. Set it up as admin

Net user John 123 /add

net Localgroup Administrators John /add

https://www.wikigain.com/create-local-windows-11-users-account/

https://pureinfotech.com/create-local-administrator-account-windows-11/

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★