chromebook 514 Touchscreen Not Working

Options
HannahLalia
HannahLalia Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2023 in Chromebooks

I just received a chromebook 514 but cannot get the touchscreen to work. Touchpad works fine. I tried resetting the touchscreen by typing launch/shift/t keys but that didn't help. Does anyone having a solution for this issue? Thank you in advance for your help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,784 Pathfinder
    Options

@HannahLalia

Wat is the model name of the unit ?

is it CB514-1W?

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Options

Hello!!

@HannahLalia

Follow the Step and check .

Change how your touchpad works

You can tap your touchpad to click, or change the direction you scroll. Here's how:

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
    2. Select Settings .
    3. In the "Device" section, select Touchpad (or Touchpad and mouse).
    4. Change how your touchpad works:
      • Turn tap-to-click on or off
      • Turn on tap dragging
      • Swap your primary mouse button, if you use a mouse
      • Adjust how quickly your pointer moves: Move the sliders next to "Touchpad speed" or "Mouse speed"
      • Choose type of scrolling: Traditional (swipe up to move page down) or Australian (swipe up to move page up)

Fix touchpad problems

If your touchpad stops working, try these steps:

• Make sure there is no dust or dirt on the touchpad.
    • Press the Esc key several times.
    • Drumroll your fingers on the touchpad for ten seconds.
    • Turn your Chromebook off, then back on again.
    • Perform a hard reset.
    • If you have more than one account on your Chromebook, delete the account that has problems with the touchpad, then re-add the account.

Regards,

LunaNova14

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, there are a bunch of different 514 Chromebook models, some of which have a touchscreen and some that do not. We really need to know which yours is. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HannahLalia
    HannahLalia Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

model # CB514-2H-K3E7

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

The CB514-2H models do not have a touch screen, the CB514-2HT models do.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • joelthompsons
    joelthompsons Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the touchscreen on your Chromebook 514. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that the touchscreen is enabled in the Chromebook's settings. To do this, go to "Settings" > "Device" > "Touchpad and touchscreen" and make sure that "Enable touch screen" is turned on.
    2. Check for any pending updates for your Chromebook. Sometimes, updates can fix issues with hardware components. To check for updates, go to "Settings" > "About Chrome OS" > "Check for updates".
    3. If the above steps do not work, you can try powerwashing your Chromebook. This will reset the device to its factory settings and may fix any software-related issues. To powerwash your Chromebook, go to "Settings" > "Advanced" > "Reset settings" > "Powerwash".
    4. If the touchscreen still does not work after powerwashing, there may be a hardware issue. In this case, you may need to contact Acer support or take the device to a technician for repair.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue with your Chromebook's touchscreen.