TravelMate P276-MG Card Problems I have tried everything, but my drivers don't want to update

David444
David444 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited April 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

I replaced my HDD to a new SSD…

I installed it to it's original state when I bought it…

Now my Intel processor does not want to up-date it's drivers…

My computer does not want to pick up my Nividea Grapics card but if I go to the Nividea webiste it picks up my card and make…

I have tried everything but my drivers don't want to update…

Can anyone give a any suggestions…

Thank you

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,350 Trailblazer

Hi @David444 i do not see a relationship between Intel and NVidia in your case, download the NVidia drivers from the Acer download page, tell me the exact model of the computer and the version of Windows installed to leave here the address of Acer for downloads:

Thank you for participating in the Acer community.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• David444

Tinkerer

Hi Alejandro_AC,

I have down loaded the drivers and tried to install it separately… every time it stops and gives “failure to install”

This gives me all the divers for my pc’s original installation…

https://www.acer.com/za-en/support?search=43404843476;NX.V9ZEA.003;TMP276-MG&filter=global_download

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer

What computer do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. Show us pictures of Device Manager so we can see what hardware is being recognized. What OS and version are you running? When you put the new drive in, did you clone it from the original drive? When you say you "installed it to it's original state when I bought it", exactly how did you do that?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alejandro_AC

Your team is this?

TravelMate P276-MG

The equipment supports three operating systems, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, which one do you have installed?
    Was the drive new and did you do a fresh install of Windows or did you already have a Windows install from a different computer?

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• David444

Tinkerer

Hi,

I had Win11 on my old computer but when I replaced the hard drive I installed the original Win10… Then downloade all other files from One Drive… With my original Win11 there was no problems but with the original Win10 no updates with the processor or graphics card is possible… everything else is updating normal…

Thank you

• billsey

Then you likely have an issue with the Windows 10 build that is installed. Is it Home or Pro? What does Device Manager show? You would really have been better off to have cloned the original W11 install. For more detailed answers we really need to know what machine you have. Shooting in the dark like this seldom works well.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • David444

Tinkerer

Hi,

Yes, in hindsight I should have kept to Win11…

I have win10 home edition

Acer TravelMate P276-MG

Hope this helps

• billsey
    edited April 2023

OK, so Acer has W10 drivers and not W11 drivers, so it's likely best to stick with W10 on a TravelMate P276-MG model. Especially since a machine that's nearly ten years old doesn't actually support W11. :)

Does your system have the 820M or 840M GPU? They shipped with both. The NVIDIA driver from Acer for W10 is a pretty old one. Have you tried installing it instead of the newer ones from NVIDIA? If you have, have you then also tried the latest one directly from NVIDIA?

• David444

Tinkerer

Hi,

Thank you everyone…

I installed W10 again as a new installation and that sorted out all the issues….

Thank you

• Alejandro_AC

I'm glad, thanks for commenting.

All the best.

X (Twitter)