Unable to install Thunderbolt 463E driver on AN515-58-788H with Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Bozislaw
Bozislaw Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited January 11 in Nitro Gaming

Could not able to install Thunderbolt driver on AN515-58-788H with Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I tried all drivers in WINDRIVER, no solution yet.

Maybe I installed them in a wrong order. If you have same model, would you please share with me the contents of WINDRIVER disk.

I read some articles from the internet and decided to install https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/772199/intel-thunderbolt-driver-for-windows-10-64-bit-for-intel-nuc-kit-nuc6i7kyk.html from INTEL. But still got error on device manager as attached picture 1.

Before install driver, it was saying: VEN_8086&DEV_463E&SUBSYS_159C1025&REV_02\3&11583659&0&6A requires further installation.

After install: Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_463E&SUBSYS_159C1025&REV_02\3&11583659&0&6A was configured.

Driver Name: oem83.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Driver Date: 09/14/2022
Driver Version: 1.41.1340.0
Driver Provider: Intel(R) Corporation
Driver Section: TbtBusDrv_YflDevice_19041.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0003
Matching Device Id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_463E&CC_0C03
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: ACPI\PNP0A08\0

If anyone have experienced same problem, please help. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

Download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can find and pick up additional files on line needed to complete the installation.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Uninstall the thunderbolt controller driver and install the Intel chipset drivers from the Acer support site. After a reboot use Windows Update to make sure the drivers are all updated to current. Next use Intel's Driver and Support Assistant to install the latest drivers. Don't do a manual install of some random version of the Thunderbolt drivers…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bozislaw

Thanks for answers, but none of them helped. It is still unsolved. Staying with exclamation mark.

• JackE

As mentioned earlier, did you try iobit's DriverBooster freeware yet?

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw

Yes I did, it did not offer anything different

• JackE

What was the factory installed operating system if any?

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw

It was freeDOS

• Bozislaw

I am going to install clean w11 if I couldnt solve 😓 but this will cost a lot of time to me (reinstalling all apps)

• JackE

Yes. OK. This machine was certified on Win11, not Win10. You may have to also download some of the ACER OEM Win11 driver updates at this link. if the Mic ros oft generic Win11 version doesn't load all the correct OEM drivers for the proprietary Acer mainboard. Good luck

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw
  • Bozislaw

But the link incomplete or doesn't work, would you check it again please

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,052 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023

Before you decide to upgrade to W11 you may give RAPR a shot to check your W10 driver store and uninstall your Thunderbolt drivers:

To read about RAPR:
    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/driver-store-explorer-rapr.635/

RAPR (Driver Store Explorer) Download here (freeware):

https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer/releases/tag/v0.11.92

I used RAPR for Windows10 non-GPU driver issues for over 4 years and it solved most of my driver issues, ran it in Safe Mode but RAPR works OK in full Windows mode.

It may find many duplicate drivers and possibly old (corrupted) driver versions that affect Intel and Windows10 driver installers.

RAPR is not needed for Windows11.

• JackE

»But the link incomplete or doesn't work, would you check it again please»>

Are you getting an html-coded text page that's not rendering?

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw
  • Bozislaw

I accidentally clicked Did this answer the question? "yes"

• JackE

There seems to be a problem with the download page reading its own history cookies. Try clearing the history cookies from your browserand reload the download page. You might have to log in again after clearing the cookies. Let me know if the page renders OK after deleting the cookies and what browser you are using. Thanks

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw

Yes, page worked after cleanup cookies. Thanks. But I am still stick on w10. If I will face another problem with w10 then I will switch to w11. I leave the problem untouched, I dont have any device with thunderbolt connector yet. So I will leave that exlamation mark alone 😔

• JackE

Yes, page worked after cleanup cookies. Thanks. But I am still stick on
    w10. If I will face another problem with w10 then I will switch to w11. I
    leave the problem untouched, I dont have any device with thunderbolt
    connector yet. So I will leave that exlamation mark alone 😔

OK. You could also try some of the other freeware driver tools. There are about 10 that are good but DriverBooster is one of the best.

What browser are you using after clearing the cookies? The html rendering problem seems to re-appear after accepting cookies the next time you try to load download page. Then you have to clear cookies again. Very inconvenient

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw

I am using EDGE. By the way, maybe I am thinking wrong from the beginning, I thought "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller" should come with INTEL drivers, maybe not, I saw some articles that saying NVIDIA also have "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller". I dont know, its confusing.

• Bozislaw

By the way, the problem seems SOLVED accidentally, is there any way to take it back?