My monitor (Acer ED270r sbiipx) was showing a display earlier but now it isn't.

Options
Clollor
Clollor Member Posts: 1 New User

I found my Acer ed270r sbiipx and plugged it in. It has a cracked display in the corner but it was still working. I plugged it in and to my surprise it worked but I had bought a new monitor because I broke this one. I used the ac cable from my new one and it worked, so I went to go look for a new one for my main monitor. I unplugged the ac cable from my acer monitor and came back with a new ac cable. When I plugged it in it stopped showing the "Acer" logo and showed no picture or display. I plugged in the other ac cable that I used previously and it didn't work either. Please help.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

@Clollor

It might be a cable issue..   Remove all the cables from monitor.   Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.    Connect all the cables back.  Try to turn on the monitor.   Connect the monitor to computer and check. If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check. 

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check. 

On the monitor – use the control buttons.   There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.    Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check  or  Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,821 Trailblazer
    Options

Try to toggle the F5/F6 keys (on my laptop) that control the screen and external monitor.