Aspire TC-780 when I am browsing the web turns off and turns on while using the Internet.

PadillaMark
PadillaMark Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Yes my Network Status when I am browsing the web turns off and turns on while using the Internet. My Ethernet disconects and recanects, I did delete and reinstall network adaptors and it is still happening what do I do next? I have noticed while looking on my Acer account Product Support Page I have Drivers (9) updates as well as BIOS Firmware (8) updates should I get some help to install Drivers & BIOS updates or can someone guid me throught the steps of doing so or do I really need to update Drivers & BIOS? Aspire TC-780 Please Help and Thank you! Mark Padilla

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,948 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi @PadillaMark can you tell me, please, what version of Windows do you have installed?
    Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The only driver there that affects your Ethernet port is the LAN driver, and it's dated 2016 so unlikely to be newer than what you have. Are you sure you don't just have a wonky cable?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓

@PadillaMark have you tried a new ethernet cable and that it is category CAT 5E or CAT 6? Do not use a cable with a category lower than CAT 5E or higher than CAT 6.
    Category cables:
    CAT 5 or CAT 7 are not valid.

Also try changing the ethernet port on the router.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
  • Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓

Yes, the culprit could be the Switch cudy 5, do you know what speed it is capable of managing its ports?
    Anyway the test is simple:
    Connect the laptop directly to the router by removing the switch with CAT 5e or CAT 6 cable and measure the speed again.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓

Take the test and tell me, regards.

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓

Hi @PadillaMark can you tell me, please, what version of Windows do you have installed?
    Thank you.
    All the best.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The only driver there that affects your Ethernet port is the LAN driver, and it's dated 2016 so unlikely to be newer than what you have. Are you sure you don't just have a wonky cable?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PadillaMark

Alejandro_AC Windows 10 Home Sir.

billsey Thank you Sir.

• Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓

@PadillaMark have you tried a new ethernet cable and that it is category CAT 5E or CAT 6? Do not use a cable with a category lower than CAT 5E or higher than CAT 6.
    Category cables:
    CAT 5 or CAT 7 are not valid.

Also try changing the ethernet port on the router.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• PadillaMark

Thank you I will give it a try with the trouble shooter link you sent me thank you.

• PadillaMark

Thank you I will get a new ethernet cable and that it is category CAT 5E or CAT 6? 

The thing is I also connect to a CUDY 5 port could it be going bad?

• Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓

Yes, the culprit could be the Switch cudy 5, do you know what speed it is capable of managing its ports?
    Anyway the test is simple:
    Connect the laptop directly to the router by removing the switch with CAT 5e or CAT 6 cable and measure the speed again.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• PadillaMark

Yes it could be the CUDY 5 I will have to just by pass the CUDY 5 and see if thats the issue I am having. But I do recall using my Lenovo Laptop plugged in to the CUDY 5 and the Lenovo never had this issue now that I think of it? Well I guess we will see?

• Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓

Take the test and tell me, regards.

• PadillaMark

Unpluged the Cudy 5 and Network status has not droped out so far 🙂

• Alejandro_AC

I'm glad, thanks for commenting, you already comment how everything goes in the next few days.
    All the best.