Concept D CT700-71A Desktop just crashed. Seemed that Microsoft Word crashed just before then the PC

Lallyrs
Lallyrs Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, my Concept D CT700-71A Desktop just crashed. Seemed that Microsoft Word crashed just before then the PC. Now it powers on but makes a loud continuous tone with no screen action. Can anyone suggest what may have happened, please?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator

Hello!!

@Lallyrs

Does it generate any error messages when crashing? Does it put an entry into the Event Log?

Regards,

LunaNova14

• Power is on, fans are running but there is no display

1. Make sure the monitor is turned on and the monitor cable is properly connected to the PC.
    2. Check the VGA adapter card (if applicable) is inserted properly.
    3. Listen for beep sounds. If you are using internal PC speaker make sure it is connected.
      a. continuous beeping : memory not detected
      b. 1 long beep and 2 short beeps looping : VGA not detected

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lallyrs
    edited April 2023

Hi, no beep sound just a continuous sharp beep 20 seconds after powering up. Monitor works OK, but no image, at all. Fans seem OK. The only error message was Word not responding just before crash. I wonder if it could be the ssd? Thanks

• I would first change the slot ram to see if the problem persists.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lallyrs

Hi, that worked. The PC now starts, but it goes to the BIOS screen first (see picture). I have tried to save standard defaults, but that hasnt soled it. Any more suggestiions, please? Thanks Sean

• Windows does not start? Is the chassis closed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer