Upgrde xc885- can I upgrade to RX 6600 amd ?

Bruhhhj
Bruhhhj Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, I have an xc885 acer with celeron g4900 cpu, can I upgrade to i7 8700 ? And can I upgrade to RX 6600 amd ?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Yes you can. Your Coffee Lake S Celeron has a TDP of 54W but the design Acer has allows for 65W CPUs as well. The i7-8700 is the highest end CPU they used in your model. Upgrading to a faster GPU will be problematic though. Your system comes with a 220W PSU in a Flex design that is smaller than the typical ATX power supply. You do have the standard 24 pin connector used on older systems rather than the newer 12VO type. You will need to measure the physical size of your PSU before looking for a larger one. A RX 6600 requires a 450W supply and that might be tough to find in that form factor. I do know there are 300W supplies that will fit. Also note that trying to upgrade a low end five year old machine in to a gamer might be better handled by just replacing the whole thing with a purpose built gamer. Some of the Predator and Nitro desktops are affordable…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bruhhhj
    edited April 2023

Thank you for replying me, what gpu can fit with my pc psu ? What about radeon - VII?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

There aren't many that work on 220W… Maybe a GT 1030?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bruhhhj
    Answer ✓

Thank you, I got want for me, a GTX 1070 mini-ITX may be suitable. It's running OK at this time.