Possibility of connection to an external monitor via USB Type-C port: Aspire AV15-52

Tuvibe
Tuvibe Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi community,

I've got a AV15-52 recently, tried to connect an external monitor via the USB Type-C port but it ended up with failure. The external monitor does not seem to get the video signal from the laptop. The USB Type-C connector of this model should support the Thunderbolt 4 tech so I thought that there should be no problem with connecting it. What would be the problem? Can it be that by chance the USB Type-C connection of this latop is not designed for video in/out? I am bit lost..

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,899 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

What model monitor are you trying to connect with the USB-C Thunderbolt, as your monitor has to have the same USB-C Thunderbolt port like your Aspire AV15-52 laptop has, so that both can connect to each other. Use the HDMI port as that is what your monitor should have like the Aspire AV15-52 has.

Aspire AV15-52

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator

Hi

@Tuvibe

The issue could be that the USB Type-C port on your AV15-52 laptop is not designed for video in/out. Make sure that your laptop supports video output through the USB Type-C port and that your external monitor supports video input through the USB Type-C port. Also, ensure that you are using a USB Type-C cable that is designed for video output and that the external monitor is selected as the display output in your laptop's settings.

Regards,

LunaNova14

• Tuvibe
    Tuvibe Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2023

HI @StevenGen thank you so much for your answers.

There is always a simple remedy: RESTART. and it worked… Maybe it was a temp problem.

Thank you for your time anyways.