Nitro AN515-57 Laptop not booting after using 2 sticks of ram.

PervertoCarlos
PervertoCarlos Member Posts: 3 New User

I recently bought a 16gb ram for my laptop so that I could have 24 gb ram in total (16x8). But my laptop doesn't boot when I use both my modules together. Both ram work individually in either of the ports. But as soon as I install both together, the laptop keyboard lights up and that's it. Nothing else happens. Both of the sticks are compatible and are exactly the same except the fact that one is from Samsunf and the other is from Crucial. (Also when I install my 16gb ram, the task manager reads it as 2667 mhz, even though the ram is of 3200mhz)

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,547 Trailblazer

You only show the new DDR4 but not the original Samsung 8GB, you also wrote: "Both of the sticks are compatible and are exactly the same" are you sure? Since the 3200 Mhz of the Crucial is not accepted alone as your RAM falls back to 2667 Mhz, this makes me believe that the two DDR4's are not compatible somehow, Laptop Review states 3200 MHz and upgardable to 32GB for your laptop so that is OK.

Check again the frequencies, the CL and the voltages. If you can live with only16 GB and double your speed I would buy another 8GB Samsung exactly the same you have now (same part number).

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,801 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023

You can’t mix two different capacities of memory modules into this laptops memory slots like, 8GB + 16GB to give you 24GB ram, the AN515-57 and all Nitro laptops only operate on 2x equal capacity ram into Slots #1 and #2! That is why your laptop doesn’t boot. The best and fastest compatible ram for the AN515-57 is the DDR4-3200Mhz CL22 only, don't fit anything else and upgrade to any XMP overclocked ram as it will work slower e.g. DDR4-3200MHz XMP will work at DDR4-2933Mhz,

This is the suitable AN515-57 ram specs and ram combinations into Slot #1 & #2:

• PervertoCarlos

These are from my 8gb ram stick

These are from my 16 gb stick

Also I don't know why it is being displayed as CL20. The module has CL22

Also just to be safe, Here's a photo of my 8gb ram stick

Thanks in advance my man

• PervertoCarlos

Oh….*****…Alright so basically my new ram is fine I just need another 16 gb ram to go with it, right?

Also, are you sure about memory mixing. Bceuase if it is really like that, I need to sell my 8gb ram as soon as possible since it is of no use to me.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,801 Trailblazer

Have a look at the AN515-57 Acer SG official “Memory Combinations of AVLC” chart that I’ve posted to you above, as that is the only workable ram combinations for your laptops and there is NO combination that shows 8GB + 16GB = 24GB ram there. I’ve got a Nitro AN515-56 which is basically the same laptop and uses the exact same ram, I updated my AN515-57 from its oem 1x 8GB to 2x 16GB DDR4-3200MHz CL22 type ram and it works 100% and perfectly in Dual Channel, as if you only put 1x 16GB ram module these laptops work in Single Channel which is allot slower that dual channel, so be aware of that also.

This is the suitable and fastest compatible ram from Crucial for your laptop, it’s the Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 SODIMM - DDR4-3200 • CL=22 • NON-ECC • SODIMM • 260-pin • 1.2V • 2Rx8/1Rx8 • PC4-25600, costs USD $58.64. Sell both your 8GB DDR4-3200MHz and return the Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200MHz CL20 and get the Crucial 32GB Kit as the CL22 type ram as that is most suitable and quickest ram for your laptop.