Need Motherboard Reference for an Acer Aspire Switch

Options
Yreham
Yreham Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,
I'd like to replace the motherboard of an Acer Aspire Switch.
I can't identify the exact matching pattern. Does anyone have an idea?
I attach here a photo of the card concerned. Thanks in advance

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like SWxx-xx, there's a lable at the base cover with the model name.

• Yreham
    Options

Hi ☺️

Thanks for your answer. The owner doesn't remember the full model name, and I don't have the laptop with me at the moment.

I just took some pictures but i don't know if that would help you to identify it:

Best regards,

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options

The model number of your Aspire Switch should be on a sticker on the back of this laptop, as all Acer laptops have this sticker. Referencing the battery model number that you have shown in your captions, the AP15A3R your laptop should be either the Acer Aspire Switch 10E SW3-013P or the SW3-013 and this is the mobo for it Acer Aspire Switch 10 E SW3-013 Motherboard, the best way to find out the exact mobo part number is to take the old mobo out as all Acer mobos have a reference and part number written on them and then search the web for a reputable Acer parts retailer and purchase a new mobo from them, that link that I've given you above is one of those retailers and they are selling this mobo for USD $180.00.

• Yreham
    Options

Thanks,
    Since I don't have the laptop with me, I've already done some research based on the battery model: AP15A3 R.
    I found that the following models use this same battery model:
    Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW3-013
    Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW3-016
    Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012
    Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-014

However, none of them have the same motherboard model as our laptop.

I'll follow your advice and check directly on the old motherboard when it's available again.

Thanks for your advice and for the link.

Best regards,