Maximum capacity of Acer Nitro 5 AN-51545 model

Options
Sharnabh
Sharnabh Member Posts: 1 New User

I was thinking of increasing the Storage and RAM for my laptop, but I do not know what is the maximum capicity that the laptop can handle. Can anyone tell me.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,128 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

You can upgrade memory up to 32GB(2x16GB) with DDR4 3200MHz modules, as for the storage, you have two M.2 SSD slots and a HDD bay for 2.5" HDD, you can install up to 1TB in first slot with a M.2 NVMe SSD, you can use another 1TB or larger M.2 NVMe SSD or a M.2 SATA SSD in the second slot, you can also install a 2TB 2.5" HDD/SSD in the HDD bay.

There are 2TB and 4TB M.2 SSDs are advertised as compatible with this model by Crucial, so you could try larger M.2 SSDs at your own risk, they might also work.

https://uk.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/acer/nitro-5-an515-45-r92m

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Options

Hello!!

@Sharnabh

The AN515-54 laptop as far as Acer suggest can take 2x 16GB DDR4-2400Mhz and up to max DDR4-2666Mhz, if you put a DDR4-2933Mhz into one slot and 1x DDR4-2666Mhz then the ram always works at the lower speed so its useless and a waste, also it won't run at dual channel. Keep both memory modules at the same frequencies also do the Crucial System Scan as this laptop can take 64GB ram (2x 32GB DDR4) so do that scan and find out.  

You have two M.2 slots, you can upgrade with 1TB in each slot with a M.2 NVMe SSD, as for the memory upgrade, you can upgrade up to 32GB(2x16GB) with DDR4 2400/2666MHz modules.

The laptop will not boot, as the example I've given above was not about the ram and compatibility but the theory of putting a lower frequency and higher frequency modules together and what happens and not like you said "one is occupied with a 8GB 2400MHz stick. What would happen if you change RAM for one with a higher frequency speed (for example: 2933 mhz)" as that will also make your laptop not boot.

Best is to do the Crucial System Scan as this scan will also tell you the exact compatible frequency and max capacity ram that is compatible into your laptops ram slots (which is 64GB 2x 16GB) and best. I install CPUz to see your OEM spec ram and update to the same 1x 8GB DDR4-2400MHz type ram which is your cheapest option but not the best, as what Acer recommends for the most is 2x DDR4-2666Mhz at 2x 16GB. 

Regards,

LunaNova14

• rober7
    rober7 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I have just intalled 64 GB from Corsair. Initially i tested my laptop with Crucial System Scan and they said it supports 64 so I bought a kit of 2x32 GB at 3200 Mhz. I am using the laptop already for 5 hours…

• rober7
    rober7 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

This is a print Screen