T232HL Touch Screen Monitor on Windows 11

Options
mjk1962
mjk1962 Member Posts: 3 New User

I am having issues setting up the touch screen functionality on the T232HL monitor. I have attached all the relevant leads, including the USB one that came with the monitor (i.e. the one with a USB connection and the rectangular one that attaches to the monitor itself).

Firstly, the monitor is recognised by the system but Windows only recognises it as a generic PNP monitor. I already have another touch screen monitor attached and went through the PC Tablet Control Panel options but it fails to recognise the Acer monitor as a touch screen option, while the other monitor is recognised without issues.

Secondly, I thought that it might be a driver issue so I downloaded the drivers from the Acer website but there are no setup files in the zip file that I downloaded. There are two files called HCKX and two folders, one called T232 and the other Win 10. So, not finding any set up file, I then tried to see if I could get Windows to update the driver by going through the Control Panel, Device Manager, Monitor and then selecting the unzipped folder (beginning Monitor_Acer_2.0_W7x86….etc.) but it simply says that I have the relevant driver installed already - i.e. the generic one.

Thirdly, I have searched on the Acer forums already as well as via a browser search but most if not all suggest the above methods usually work.

So, my conclusion is that either I'm missing something re setting it up or I have an issue with, perhaps, the USB/rectangular connection cable that came with the monitor.

Any help would be much appreciated.

MikeT232HL

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

There are two unzipped folders (Win10 & T232HL_Driver) with two different information INF extension files. Since it's newest (2015) search the Win10 folder first using the Win11 Device Manager update driver function.

Jack E/NJ

• mjk1962
    Options

Hi Jack,

I tried your advice but it didn't work.

Since I have two other monitors set up on my computer, including one touchscreen, I checked the location of all files/folders associated with the other monitors. They seem to appear in the Windows System32 folder in several places, in the drivers folder, the file repository folder , spool/drivers/color folder and one or two other places as well. I wonder if this is where some of the Win10 files that are listed should be placed in order to get the touch function to work?

Mike

• JackE
    Options

Did Win11 Device Manager recognize and seem to install the INF file without throwing an error message?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options

When you disconnect the USB cable between the monitor and computer, do you get the sound that says a USB device has been removed?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mjk1962
    Options

In answer to JackE: When I try to use the update driver method, it merely comes back with the message that the correct drivers have been installed and no action has thus beenn taken re updating the drivers.

In answer to billsey: I don't know. I'm not sure I have the system set up to get and audio feedback when I connect/disconnect USB devices.

• JackE
    Options

When I try to use the update driver method, it merely
    comes back with the message that the correct drivers have been
    installed and no action has thus beenn taken re updating the drivers.

Uninstall the monitor driver, and try it again

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options

The audio feedback when connecting a USB device is on by default and actually pretty difficult, if possible, to remove. You can also watch in Device Manager. When you plug the cable in a device should be added.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.