Predator Orion 5000 Desktop - Shipping for Repair do I need to reinsert the original RAM?

Options
itstherobotdevil
itstherobotdevil Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2023 in Predator Desktops

Hello! My Predator Orion 5000 stopped booting, instead outputting a beep code (pretty certain that the graphics card has failed). Support indicated shipping just the graphics card in is not an option. I have to ship the entire desktop in for warranty service.

I've upgraded the RAM (right after I received the PC). Should I remove my new RAM before sending in? If I do, do I need to reinsert the original RAM?

Thank you!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,515 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @itstherobotdevil waiting for more answers that can help you in your query, my recommendation is that you send it with the original memory of the equipment, that is, remove the new memory and put the original one back, but it is only my personal opinion when using the warranty.
    When you have the old memory back, check if the problem continues. before sending it.
    Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @itstherobotdevil waiting for more answers that can help you in your query, my recommendation is that you send it with the original memory of the equipment, that is, remove the new memory and put the original one back, but it is only my personal opinion when using the warranty.
    When you have the old memory back, check if the problem continues. before sending it.
    Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• itstherobotdevil
    Options

Thank you for the response! I'll put the original RAM in just to be safe.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Ok, tell me if the problem continues with the original memory, if it is not solved and send the laptop, I hope everything is solved.
    Thank you.
    All the best.

X (Twitter)

• itstherobotdevil
    Options

No, the same problem exists with the original memory. I'm pretty sure it's the graphics card that's the problem. The beep code is long-short-short (which from looking up, suggests graphics card), and I tried an older graphics card and it booted ok. Unfortunately it's a desktop, so shipping it is difficult, but I think that's my only option since they won't send just a card. Thanks again for your help.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Yes, long-short-short beep usually indicates, depending on the BIOS manufacturer, a problem with the graphics or the memory of the graphics itself.
    Back up any personal files on your drive, and if possible, delete any personal information you may have on the drive.
    I hope everything is resolved soon.
    A cordial greeting.

X (Twitter)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! What is the exact model? Example PO7-650-R11H. Is there any guarantee seal that prevents you from disassembling the computer?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • itstherobotdevil
    Options

It's a PO5-640. There is no seal. I just sent it in this afternoon, so now just have to wait to hear back from Acer.