swift 3 (SF315-41) laptop keeps disconnecting from WIFI every 5-10 minutes

damski4
damski4 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

My laptop keeps disconnecting from WIFI every 5-10 minutes, the globe icon pops up and then the laptop won't load the network folders or troubleshoot. The only way to reconnect is to restart.

I have a swift 3 (SF315-41) and I have tried uninstalling the network driver and reinstalling the latest driver from the acer website but nothing is working.

My tech knowledge is not particularly high so please can anyone help me?!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,362 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023

Hi @damski4 what is the version of your operating system? As I check, the equipment only supports Windows 10:

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=SF315-41&filter=global_download&suggest=SF315-41;0

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,727 Pathfinder

@damski4

Try doing a power drain. Turn of f the laptop and unplug the charger, than flip the laptop.

You can see a pinhole with a battery symbol, put a sim ejector in that pin hole and press and hold it for 30 seconds.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • damski4
    damski4 Member Posts: 3 New User

My laptop is running Windows 10

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,362 Trailblazer

Download the following driver:

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=SF315-41&filter=global_download&suggest=SF315-41;0

Uninstall the current driver and install the old one, reboot the computer and see if it still crashes.
    Check Windows Update for updates.
    Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

Does it work better when you are really close to your router? It's possible the WiFi card is failing or one of the antennas has come loose.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.