D Drive missing there is no D drive showing at all- Predator Helios 300

Sree89
Sree89 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

I have been facing an issue, where my D drive disappears most of the times. Once in a while when I start the Laptop, it appears and I'm able to access the files. But most of the times, there is no D drive showing at all.

Another issue was the booting time. When i start the PC, the Predator logo appears and down below, a circle indicating loading keeps rotating. Some times it even used to take 6-7 hrs to load the windows. I was suspecting a Hard Drive issue and cloned the C drive with a Samsung SSD & Replaced my HDD.

Initially I kept the entire capacity of SSD as Unallocated before cloning. However, after replacing the HDD with SSD, Windows loading issue has been resolved but it was only showing the capacity of my C drive (250GB). As I'm not an expert, I did some googling and tried to Extend the volume for the remaining space to create a D drive, using Disk Management. But the option wasn't active for Extending the volume.

As I wasn't sure about the issue, I decided to clone again. This time before cloning I had kept 250 GB as unallocated (Old C drive capacity) and and remaning capacity partitioned for D drive (I wasn't sure if this would help me with the missing D drive). Again cloned the original C drive into unallocated partition. System started faster & still there was no D drive. After a couple of days D drive appeared & later on disappeared.

Can somone assist & guide me on why this is happening even after replacing the old HDD

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator

Hello!!

@Sree89

Check the disk manager to see if the second drive is still there or not.

Go to Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management / Disk Management and see if your D drive is listed there. If so, hover your mouse over the D drive icon until a text message appears and then copy down that message EXACT as it reads in the order presented and post it here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-drive-is-missing/e14d5977-1758-464b-a2df-5b8b0611ccb6#:~:text=Go%20to%20Start%20%2F%20Control%20Panel,presented%20and%20post%20it%20here

Regards,

LunaNova14

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-55. Can you check the health of hard disks with the crystaldiskinfo program?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sree89

Tinkerer

Hi,

Today, when I switched it on, D drive was available. I went on Disk management and checked as per your instruction. It was showing as:

"930.40 GB NTFS

Healthy (Basic Data Partition)"

• Sree89

Tinkerer

Model: N17C1. Regarding the health of HDD, it's a brand new SSD replacement.

• Can you be more specific? N17C1 is not the computer model. The model is similar to this nomenclature: AN515-55-75KZ.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sree89

Tinkerer

I dont know what else could be the model no. It's mentioned as Model no, on the sticker underneath the laptop.

• Sree89

Tinkerer

Any one with solution???

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer