Nitro AN515-46 HDD cable+caddy missing how can i buy the cable+caddy and from where?

Options
nontrivial2023
nontrivial2023 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi, I just bought a Nitro AN515-46, and there is no hdd data cable. Also the hdd bay caddy is missing. Is that how things should be, or should I check with Amazon to see if anything has gone wrong with the delivery? If cable+caddy missing is ok, then how can i buy the cable+caddy (what are the serial numbers of the 2 parts?) and from where?

All best,

George

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• nontrivial2023
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much for your kind and thorough assistance provided 😍

It's not urgent, but I do want to add a sata ssd at some point later on (already added a second m2 - very straghtforward process as usual), so I'll contact Acer in the next few days as you suggested.

Cheers,
    George

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    Options

The SATA-3 cable and the 2.5" HDD bracket and screws should be supplied in the sealed box with all the other parts by Acer, its got nothing to do with Amazon if the AN515-46 laptops box was NOT opened and had the Acer original seal. If all these parts are not included in the sealed AcerAN515-46 laptop box then contact Acer in your area and ask them to supply you with this kit, as it should contain a 1x SATA cable, 1x 2.5" HDD bracket and HDD 4x HDD carrier screws and 4x Bracket Base to laptop Bottom Case securing screws.

This is what the Acer supplied 2.5" HDD kit should consist of and should be in your AN515-46 box:

HDD to Bracket securing screws 4x (HDD Carrier Screws)

• nontrivial2023
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much for your kind and thorough assistance provided 😍

It's not urgent, but I do want to add a sata ssd at some point later on (already added a second m2 - very straghtforward process as usual), so I'll contact Acer in the next few days as you suggested.

Cheers,
    George