P03-630, Sound crackling or sometimes falling away and the other time sounds just fades away.

Wentix27
Wentix27 Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hey

So my girlfriend wanted to play spiderman - morales bought from steam, and when she started the game the sound was falling away, i listened aswell and indeed it is falling away, i tried another headset which had the same, watched some youtube videos had the issue aswell, i tried to reinstall the drivers, update the drivers but nothing is working, then it is crackling, and the other time sounds just fades away..

Anyone that can help…

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer

Is this “crackling or sometimes falling away” happening with other games rather than Spider-Man: Miles Morales? As allot of times it’s the actual and specific game that is causing these audio issues and problems, analyse the problem with other games or refresh the Realtek Version: 6.0.9225 driver.

Go to Device Manager > Sound video and game controllers > Realtek Audio > > Properties > Drivers > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers > Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer and chose the Realtek Version: 6.0.9225.1 driver and reinstall it and reboot the desktop. As this will reinstall the driver again as that is all that you can do.

Note: don’t update the Realtek driver to any and newer versions as it will affect your Bluetooth driver from working, a Realtek driver should only be updated if Acer or Windows Update has new versions for your desktop.

• Wentix27
    Wentix27 Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

okay so installed the drivers you said and how i should do it. Now also Assetto Corsa Competizione is doing it, and also Modern Warfare 2, and also just with youtube, but the ssd is installed in the m2_2 slot, because the i5 10400 is not working with the m2_1 slot, the ssd speeds are also pretty slow read speed like 700 mb/s so we already ordered a i5 11400F and that should work with the first ssd slot..

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer

Don’t upgrade to another i5 CPU, upgrade to the i7-11700F or even the i9-11900F as it will give you better performance, as that is what the PO3-630 highest specs desktops are, also upgrade the RAM also and do a Crucial System Scan to find out the best memory. The sound issues could be port issue or your speakers that are causing the crackling sounds, check that as if its not the software then its the hardware.

With the M.2 PCIe drive (see below) the PO3-630 works on PCIe 3 x4 or PCIe 4 x4 drives, use the M.2 SSD slot #1 only for the boot drive (see the mobo diagram below) as that is where you should connect the M.2 as a boot drive, as both of those M.2 slots should work perfectly at those PCIe speeds. You must have bent or damaged that M.2 SSD slot #1 somehow and damaged the slot, check the slot for bent pins or your M.2 drive that its a high speed M.2 PCIe 3x4 like the WD SN750or the Samsung 970 Plus or for the PCIe 4 x4 its the WD SN850X Black or the Samsung 990 Pro drives as they are the quickest and best, you can also look at the list below that Acer uses for this desktop.

Have you got the latest bios Version:R01-A4 up to date and the Firmware Version: v1.02 up to date, as you need those two updates, but be very careful and be warned, if you don't know how to update a bios or firmware get someone experienced to do that for you as you will brick your desktop! Also make sure that all drivers are up to date for Windows, Nvidia and Intel as that is essential also.

Here are the full PO3-630 specs from its SG