compatible Acer Aspire 5 A515-56-32DK Laptop Ram item number

Options
PSBJ
PSBJ Member Posts: 1 New User

Does anybody know what Acer 16MB Ram that I can buy here and is compatible with my Acer Aspire 5 A515-56-32DK Laptop, thanks.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @PSBJ

Maximum Ram capacity for your laptop is 16MB and the supported clock speed is 3200 MHz. To find out what DDR4 is already inside your laptop (either soldered or in slot 1) type or paste this in a Command Prompt (opened as Administrator)

wmic MemoryChip get Banklabel, Capacity, Configuredclockspeed, Devicelocator, FormFactor, Manufacturer, Serialnumber, Speed

If inside is 8GB DDR4, buy another DDR4 module of 8GB with exactly the same specs. that WMIC above shows that way you will have double your speed (Dual Channel).

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023
    Options

This is what Acer recommends for ram 1x module (with either 4GB or 8GB on board soldered ram) that are compatible with the A515-56 and A515-56G laptops.

Ram Types

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Options

Hello!!

@PSBJ

Hi,
    Yes, your CPU is capable of 3200MHz but if the onboard memory is 2666MHz, it will downclock to 2666MHZ, you can see in the link below that i3 CPU models have 2666MHz onboard memory.

You have 4GB onboard memory and a slot for removable memory, if you have 4GB onboard memory you can install up to 16GB RAM in removable RAM slot to make the total memory of 20GB, I would suggest you download and install CPU-z, run it and find out the specs of memory in your laptop and post the details, some of these models come with 8GB onboard RAM as well, so make sure that you have 4GB onboard memory and a slot for upgrade.

If the onboard ram is 4 GB you can use a maximum of 20 GB RAM  or if the onboard ram is 8 GB you can use the maximum of 24 GB RAM

Regards,

LunaNova14