Acer Predator Triton 300 SE Is it possible to send video output from Display through USB-C

Options
Cubix
Cubix Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

I'm planning on buying a high refresh rate, 1080p monitor with G-sync for my Acer Predator Triton 300 SE laptop (code: NH.QBJEP.002) and since the laptop doesnt have a DisplayPort I'm looking for a way to connect it to the monitor while not loosing the 1080p 240 Hz G-Sync signal.

So the questions are:

Just to make sure because different sources on the internet give me different answears the USB-C port in the laptop is Thunderbolt 4 or USB-C 3.1?

Is it possible to send video output from the laptop's USB-C port to the monitor via a USB-C/DisplayPort cable?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello!!

@Cubix

yes, C port will support video. Is there a symbol of a lightning bolt (Thunderbolt 3) next to the USB-C port? Then you can use this port to charge and to transfer a video signal. That means you can connect a monitor. USB-C cables can deliver Ultra-HD 4K video resolution to USB-C and HDMI displays. That's 4 times the resolution of standard high definition.

Regards,

LunaNova14

Answers

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello!!

@Cubix

yes, C port will support video. Is there a symbol of a lightning bolt (Thunderbolt 3) next to the USB-C port? Then you can use this port to charge and to transfer a video signal. That means you can connect a monitor. USB-C cables can deliver Ultra-HD 4K video resolution to USB-C and HDMI displays. That's 4 times the resolution of standard high definition.

Regards,

LunaNova14

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,212 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    Options

I found this information in the manual.

• Cubix
    Cubix Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you a lot for your answears.

Yes there is a bolt sign next to my USB-C port so it looks like I'll be able to connect the monitor with the laptop via this port.