XG270HU Screen Burn In I am trying to find a way to reset the screens

GreyGerber
GreyGerber Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Monitors

I have 3 of the XG270HU monitor. I purchased them in 2019, so apparently warranty is out of the question. All 3 of them are experiencing some kind of screen burn-in. I am trying to find a way to reset the screens, as typically these types of monitors can be fixed with the proper tools.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? This was quite a bit of money to drop, and I'd rather not replace them.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,936 Trailblazer

Screen burn-in on a technical level is hard to fix. However, the much more common image retention is not. Here’s how to sort out your image retention problems on whatever device you have. See this guide “How to Fix Screen Burn-In

Fix Burn-In on Your Computer Monitor

Although most PC monitors are made to be less susceptible to burn-in, it can still happen. If you run into it there are a few things you can try.

1. Turn off Display. Try turning off your display for at least a few hours, or as many as 48, ideally.
    2. Use a White Screensaver. Try setting your screensaver to a pure white image and leaving it to run for a few hours. That may not remove image retention entirely, but it should dampen how noticeable it is.
    3. Try JScreenFix. Some have also found success using JScreenFix. Although designed to fix stuck pixels rather than burn-in, it may help clear up any issues you’re experiencing.

If none of the above methods work then you need to replace the screens, which can cost more than the monitor is worth. Contact Acer as your device is fairly new, and see if Acer will assist you with these monitors repairs?