How to unlock bitlocker 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz 64-bit model

Options
DKA737
DKA737 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in Windows 11

I bought a new Gateway laptop GWTN156-7BL with Windows 11 about 6 months ago. I went to Gateway support and it brought me here.

My fingerpad is way too sensitive most of the time and other issues. I want to clone my computer, wipe it clean and reinstall Windows 11. I have been tryiing for a long time to get that done. I tried to backup everything to IDrive but it says a lot of my files are locked. Somehow I found out that bitlocker was locking them.

Microsoft shows 3 ways to do it. None of them work. Here is a copy of the question I sent to the Microsoft community.

Unlock Bitlocker

I am trying to clone my computer to IDrive so I can wipe my computer and reinstall Windows 11. Hopefully that will clear up some issues I am having with my computer. It can't backup because files are bitlocked.

I didn't know I had bitlocker but apparently I do. I went through 2 ways that were supposed to be able to unlock bitlocker. Neither works. The 1 way I click on "disks & volumes" and it shows "C" is bitlocker encrypted. This is the only place I have seen anything that shows bitlocker exists. I click properties, then "unlock bitlocker". The instructions show the 5th screenshot (44) is supposed to come up but I only get the 4th (42). I saved the recovery key again but the page didn't change.

The other way going through the control panel I am supposed to get the 3rd screenshot (45) but I only get the 2nd screenshot (41). I can download the recovery key but can't use it anywhere.

I put "Manage bitlocker" in the search box and got the first screenshot (46).

Can anyone help me get bitlocker unlocked?

My computer has 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz 64-bit

This is the answer I got back.

I assume you have Windows 11 Home with Device Encryption set up by the manufacturer. Depending on the manufacturer may depend on whether you can turn it off or not.

Have you asked the device manufacturer?

Can you help me?

[Edited the content to trim the space]

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options

Hi DKA737 ,

Unfortunately we do not allow/provide direct support or discuss any steps on unlocking BIOS passwords or bypassing of security features. (Please check/ review our Acer Community User Agreement)

We recommend contacting your local Acer support for better assistance.

Note: We will be closing this thread.

Thanks,
    Acer-Samuel

This discussion has been closed.