Install Windows on Acer Aspire 3 A315-24P and in BIOS it doesn't see the USB

Ani88
Ani88 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hello. I am trying to install Windows on Acer Aspire 3 A315-24P and in BIOS it doesn't see the USB, to boot Windows from it, only UEFI Shell.Please help.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello!!

@Ani88

If you are unable to boot from a bootable USB flash memory stick or CDROM, then secure boot is probably enabled. To disable secure boot shutdown the laptop and then press the power button and hold F2 until you enter the UEFI/BIOS. Once in the UEFI, use the arrow keys to maneuver to the Security tab.

Why my boot USB is not detected in BIOS?

Ensure the Boot Mode is set to EFI (or UEFI). This is found in the Boot Options menu. Make sure that the USB Boot Priority is enabled. Save the changes and exit.

• Restart the system into the BIOS.
    • Ensure the Boot Mode is set to EFI (or UEFI). This is found in the Boot Options menu.
    • Make sure that the USB Boot Priority is enabled.
    • Save the changes and exit.

OS must be x64 bit version and EFI compatible.

USB flash drive must have GPT partition scheme and be FAT32 formatted.

on F12 boot menu, it will as USB brand/model

Regards,

LunaNova14

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,016 Trailblazer

Perhaps the flash drive is USB 3.x try a different USB port or use a USB 2 flash drive. If in doubt: USB 2 flash drives are cheaper and slower, USB 3.x drives are bulkier.

If still not detected in BIOS:

Reset the BIOS settings to the factory defaults
    Select AHCI as SATA mode, not RAID or legacy.
    Secure Boot should be enabled. It is not necessary to disable it to boot from USB flash drives.

I still not detected by BIOS
    Prepare the USB flash drive with Rufus instead of Windows Media Creation Tool.

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello!!

@Ani88

If you are unable to boot from a bootable USB flash memory stick or CDROM, then secure boot is probably enabled. To disable secure boot shutdown the laptop and then press the power button and hold F2 until you enter the UEFI/BIOS. Once in the UEFI, use the arrow keys to maneuver to the Security tab.

Why my boot USB is not detected in BIOS?

Ensure the Boot Mode is set to EFI (or UEFI). This is found in the Boot Options menu. Make sure that the USB Boot Priority is enabled. Save the changes and exit.

• Restart the system into the BIOS.
    • Ensure the Boot Mode is set to EFI (or UEFI). This is found in the Boot Options menu.
    • Make sure that the USB Boot Priority is enabled.
    • Save the changes and exit.

OS must be x64 bit version and EFI compatible.

USB flash drive must have GPT partition scheme and be FAT32 formatted.

on F12 boot menu, it will as USB brand/model

Regards,

LunaNova14

• RockerPimp
    RockerPimp Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I do all this but still without run the USB Boot win10. I formatted the sys partition to force addinga new system but doesnt work. Cant repair becuase is not the win10 in the disk partition but isnt load from the usb too.