PO5-640 Pulsar Lighting Stopped Working I can not even turn off the lighting effects.

Alijoh
Alijoh Member Posts: 66 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in Predator Desktops

I have a PO5-640 and my PredatorSense Pulsar Lightining has stopped working after 1 week of not using my PC (during which it was always off and unplugged). Not sure why. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the PredatorSense software several times but to no avail! It is frozen on the Brtreathing mode (which was the mode before the 1 week I mentioned) and I can not even turn off the lighting effects.

Any suggerstions as how to fix this?

Thansks.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Alijoh
    Answer ✓

Ok, I found out the problem. I had installed a 3rd part RGB control software (Signal RGB) which after unisntallation, solved the issue and now I can change the Pulsar Lighting in the PredatorSense like before.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer

Check the desktops ARGB header connections (see below) and unplug them and plug them back in again and check their power pins #1, as it may need resetting, also try to reset the desktop and take the bios battery out with none conductive plastic tool and reset the system and reboot, as this should not be happening from turning the desktop off for one week.

• Alijoh
    edited March 2023

Thanks. I did the ARGB header connections unplugged and replugged, but that didn't help. Am going to try the CMOS battery method. One question: I was watching some videos about this and one mentioned that it is also preferable to jump the CMOS as well to completely clear the BIOS by placing a metal tool between the 2 pins called "JBAT1". Do you approve jumbing the CMOS as well?

Thanks again.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

I doubt that the BIOS settings will have anything teo do with it. Which PredatorSense version have you been installing? There are different versions for different Predator models and you want to get the one specific to the PO5-640 and Windows 11 IIRC.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alijoh
    Answer ✓

Ok, I found out the problem. I had installed a 3rd part RGB control software (Signal RGB) which after unisntallation, solved the issue and now I can change the Pulsar Lighting in the PredatorSense like before.