show anything, then from the preparing automatic repair on startup loading it black screen

Options
ShaelynnJashae
ShaelynnJashae Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Im currently trying to turn safe mode off but every time I try to get to the recovery options it doesnt show anything, then from the preparing automatic repair on startup loading it goes black. How should I fix this

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello!!

@ShaelynnJashae

Try the following...

Power on the laptop. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.

Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.

Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.

Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".

Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.

From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost. 

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

>>If that doesn't fix the issue Create a bootable USB stick as instructed and then attempt to boot into Windows Setup with it. Once in Windows setup, you will be presented with additional options such as booting into Recovery Mode, Reinstalling Windows fully etc. You should be able to continue from here.

Regards,

LunaNova14

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,419 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @ShaelynnJashae Can you please give us the full name of the portail and the version of the operating system?
    Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello!!

@ShaelynnJashae

Try the following...

Power on the laptop. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.

Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.

Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.

Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".

Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.

From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost. 

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

>>If that doesn't fix the issue Create a bootable USB stick as instructed and then attempt to boot into Windows Setup with it. Once in Windows setup, you will be presented with additional options such as booting into Recovery Mode, Reinstalling Windows fully etc. You should be able to continue from here.

Regards,

LunaNova14

• ShaelynnJashae
    ShaelynnJashae Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Ive tried this but it shows a black screen after the normal start up with "preparing automatic repair"

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,419 Trailblazer
    Options

BIOS safe mode is a security option that can prevent changes, what exactly does it try to do?

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,271 Trailblazer
    Options

Your HDD (WD 1TB?) may have a corrupted boot sector (or a hardware problem), if still under warranty bring your laptop to Acer Services for a checkup and/or complete instalation of OEM OS and Acer drivers. There may be a small service fee. To save your data take the HDD out and mount it is an USB external HDD case (or USB cable), connect the HDD to another PC USB port and copy your personal files, you can then also test that external HDD with GSmart or similar freeware. Reformat the HDD before replacing it in your laptop for privacy and security.