Acer X32 FP – Input Issue – Changing Input then Changing BACK to PC Forces RESET Across ALL Monitors

Options
BurntPockets
BurntPockets Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have a dual monitor setup, my Acer X32 FP is my second monitor.

Whenever I change input then change input BACK to PC on just the Acer X32 FP, both my monitors will go black temporarily and most of the windows from the Acer X32 FP will resize, reset, and move to my primary monitor. Changing the input initially triggers nothing and everything works fine. However, changing the input BACK to my PC will trigger the reset across both monitors as if I am unplugging and replugging both monitors.

This does not happen when I change inputs on my primary monitor; my primary monitor does input changes seamlessly with no downtime or interruptions and everything remains the same.

Both monitors are connected to the PC via DisplayPort 1.4 to a Geforce 3080, using Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options

Changing the input initially triggers nothing

What's the changed signal source?

Jack E/NJ

• BurntPockets
    BurntPockets Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

For any input change, it goes smoothly initially and goes to the new source seamlessly and the old source still remains active, it triggers nothing unusual. It is when you want to go back to the PCs input source that triggers the issues.

It happens for every port and every combination of port changes. The ports on the Acer X32 are HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort 1.4. I tried every combination. After much research, I found out that it is an issue with the Deep Sleep of the ports and Hot Plug Detection inherent in HDMI and DisplayPort. Most higher end monitor models give you the ability to turn off Deep Sleep, but it looks like the X32 does not have the option in the OSD.

I am trying to find out if there is a workaround or an upcoming firmware update to fix it