Display adapter - Intel(R) UHD Graphic 630 Not Started. Model using is Acer nitro 5 AN515-52

Options
BehindTheScene
BehindTheScene Member Posts: 2 New User

The information about the event from properties of the integrated graphic card showed below. It mentioned that my device had a problem to start. I have tried to reinstall it multiple time but did not work. My current OS is window 11 22H2. I appreciate it so much if there is someone out there could help me solve the issue that frustrated me for so long. I am current facing some speaker sound crackling issue as well, I wonder if this two issues are related to each other.

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3E9B&SUBSYS_12641025&REV_00\3&11583659&0&10 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem38.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: igfx
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,946 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023
    Options

First, uninstall the Intel UHD-630 driver from your laptop completely, then install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan, as this software scans your system and updates all Intel divers for your laptop to the latest driver versions, also make sure that all Windows Updates are done and your Nvidia graphics drivers are up to date also from the Nvidia site for whatever gpu you have GTX1050, 1050Ti or the 1060 gpu’s.

If Windows Update ever changes your new Intel UHD 630 graphics driver that the Intel scan updates your integrated graphics to, then go into Device Manager and roll back the Intel graphics driver to the new Intel installed graphics driver, as that is the best and latest driver for your integrate cpu graphics.

I've been doing this for many years and never ever had any problems with the Intel scan or driver problems or an integrated graphics, btw I'm using a Nitro 5 AN515-56 with Win-11 and I've been doing this since this laptop was new and never ever had problems except that Windows Update keeps changing the Intel latest integrated graphics driver back to their much older version driver which is really annoying.

• BehindTheScene
    BehindTheScene Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have tried to reinstalled the driver using intel scanner but still not working. Even when i was using microsoft basic display adapter, its appear the same error. I guess reset laptop is the only way to fix it, but i do not want to bear the risk of having all my data, files and etc. be deleted.