upgrading drivers on Aspire 5551

danderson1770
danderson1770 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have never upgraded my drivers on my acer aspire 5551. How am I to know which ones to upgrade?

Best Answer

• DavinaJo
    DavinaJo Member Posts: 8 New User
    Answer ✓

hi to answer your question you'd need basically know the version number of your drivers as they are on your machine then go to Acer site and access the drivers for your machine and see if they are newer on site other wise if your componets in your system are well known enough you may be able to use drivers from the parent company..

alternately you can get a third party program called slimdrivers and it will let you know what you need to upgrade and actually download and install them.  

P.S. one proviso on slimdrivers the site can be a bit tricky to navigate since as a free/trial  program there is lot of advertising on the site.

Answers

• DavinaJo
    DavinaJo Member Posts: 8 New User
    Answer ✓

hi to answer your question you'd need basically know the version number of your drivers as they are on your machine then go to Acer site and access the drivers for your machine and see if they are newer on site other wise if your componets in your system are well known enough you may be able to use drivers from the parent company..

alternately you can get a third party program called slimdrivers and it will let you know what you need to upgrade and actually download and install them.  

P.S. one proviso on slimdrivers the site can be a bit tricky to navigate since as a free/trial  program there is lot of advertising on the site.

• danderson1770
    danderson1770 Member Posts: 2 New User

thank you Smiley Happy 

This discussion has been closed.