Citra 3DS ? OGL/ Vulkan obviously not supported - Spatial Lbas GO - DX only ?

EmuFTW
EmuFTW Member Posts: 1 New User

I thought playing some of my 3DS games (yes, I actually own a 3DSXL and some games !) using Citra would be fun, but as some of you may have noticed, this does not work at all.
I'm pretty sure it's because Citra uses OpenGL. Same applies to Vulkan - Nothing using Vulkan works, so “we” are limited to DX for now it seems.

A slightly hacky (but well working !) workaround is to mirror a side-by-side gaming-window (Citra 3DS for example) using an utility called “Actual Multiple Monitors” to fullscreen. This “fullscreen-window” is being recognized correctly, as long as you take care of the proper aspect-ratio in Citra. This definitely needs a bit of tinkering, but lag is minimal, fps are nice and quality is 1:1 …

You can achieve something similar using OBS + VLC setting up a cam and screen-capture in VLC (or MPC HC and so on) but that's even hackier and lacks quality …
Yes, there are outdated OpenGL > DX wrappers, but all I found are way too old (up to OGL 3.3) and using old builds doesn't yield playable FPS or acceptable gameplay at all (Citra
@ OGL 4.3)

So Acer ! Are you going to implement OpenGL and Vulkan hooks/ compatibility as well ?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer

So Acer ! Are you going to implement OpenGL and Vulkan hooks/ compatibility as well ?

Sorry. You've posted this question to an Acer users forum. We are not Acer employees or tech service reps. So can't say with any degree of confidence when or even if this might happen.

Jack E/NJ

• 3Determined
    3Determined Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

3D or not 3D; that is the question…and I think we all can agree on the answer. 3D! Support each other on this journey as we begin looking into the depths that were once hidden by false perception…consumers love content; too many times tech gets started and left behind, support drops because the structure was built on revenue and not longevity…if they say it, if you make it happen; they will follow you till the end, and may it be a long journey.

• nautymac
    nautymac Member Posts: 12 New User

I have tested, and can play Citra with 3D.