PH315-55 Laptop won't turn on when plugging into multi-monitor setup

Louckism
Louckism Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2023 in Predator Laptops

So, every time that I plug into, or unplug from, my hub that has a multiple monitor configuration, my laptop refuses to turn on.

I have to press and hold the power key for over 30 seconds to get it to turn back on, and when it does finally turn on, it's like a complete reboot. Everything that I have been working on is gone. Now I''m used to just being able to plug into, or unplug from, my hub with my previous HP with no issues whatsoever.

Any help anyone can give would be most appreciated. Is this an ACER specific issue, is there a fix for it, anything whatsoever is helpful.

Thanks!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator

Hi
    Louckism

We thank you for joining our Acer community.

Inorder to assist you better, Please share the unit model name. This helps our community members to check the specifications and assist you better.

Regards,

Acer-samuel

• What is the exact model of the computer? Example AN515-55-5890. What is the hub model?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Louckism
    Louckism Member Posts: 2 New User

Sorry so late in responding, finishing up undergrad work

Model is Predator PH315-55

• Is thunderbolt enabled in the bios? What is the hub model?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MousartS
    MousartS Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Boa Noite estou tendo um problema parecido com HUB. Estou usando 2 Monitores um no HDMI e outro Display port. Usava tambem um no HUB USB-C porem depois que formatei o notbook nao consigo mais usar o outro monitor que usava. Tentei atualizar drivers. Voutar para verçoes anteriores mas n consegui fazer funcionar. O windows reconhece o monitor na area de monitores, porem diz monitor nao conectado. No gerenciador de Dispositivos aparece o monitor e diz estar funcionando corretamente. Porem nao apresenta video. A principio achei que teria sido o HUB com problemas, porem levei a casa de um amigo e funcionou perfeitamente. Ja tentei desconectar os outros monitores e ligar so 1 no HUB mas mesmo assim sem sucesso. Sera que alguem poderia me ajudar. Desde de ja. Obrigado. MusartS.
    Modelo do Notbook: Acer Predator Helis 300, PH 315-55.

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pooledorothyw
    Pooledorothyw Member Posts: 2 New User

If your PH315-55 laptop is not turning on when plugging it into a multi-monitor setup, there are a few potential issues and troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Power Connection: Ensure that your laptop is properly connected to a power source. Make sure the power cable is securely plugged into both the laptop and the power outlet. Additionally, verify that the power outlet is functioning correctly by testing it with another device.
    2. Confirm Monitor Connections: Double-check all the connections between your laptop and the external monitors. Ensure that the cables connecting the monitors to the laptop (such as HDMI, DisplayPort, or USB-C) are securely plugged in at both ends.
    3. Monitor Compatibility: Ensure that your laptop's graphics card supports the multi-monitor setup and that the monitors are compatible with your laptop's video outputs. Check the user manual or specifications of your laptop to verify the supported resolutions and monitor configurations.
    4. Update Graphics Drivers: Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can sometimes cause issues with multi-monitor setups. Visit the official website of your laptop's graphics card manufacturer (e.g., NVIDIA or AMD) and download the latest drivers for your specific model. Install the updated drivers and restart your laptop.
    5. Adjust Display Settings: Access the display settings on your laptop and ensure that the correct display mode is selected. Depending on your operating system (e.g., Windows), you may need to go to the Display settings in the Control Panel or System Preferences and configure the multi-monitor setup properly. Verify that the external monitors are detected and set up as extended displays or in the desired configuration.

• MousartS
    MousartS Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited July 2023

ORIGINAL

Bom dia. Desculpe pela demora. O HUB ele tem a opsao de adicionar uma fonte de energia alternativa opcional. Porem ja testei com o HUB na fonte de energia e fora dela e nenhum dos casos obtive sucesso. Ja tentei as configuraçoes mais variadas possiveis porem n obtive sucesso. Obrigado!

TRANSLATED

Good morning. Apologies for the delay. The HUB it has the option to add an optional alternative power source. But I already tested with the HUB in the power source and out of it and none of the cases was successful. I've tried the most varied configurations possible but I wasn't successful. Thanks!

[Edited the content by translating from Portuguese to English]

• Can you tell me the model of the hub?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer