Walfenstein II, the new colossus problem

aalkaabi
aalkaabi Member Posts: 62 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in SpatialLabs

Hi, every time I ran this game through the True Game app, it default to 640x480. It runs just fine through steam directly (No 3D).

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Did you download and install the SpatialLabs Pro app from this link yet? The user manual is also available there if you don't have one. The 3D game itself might be the issue not the hardware.

Jack E/NJ

• AJ007
    AJ007 Member Posts: 39 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited March 2023

The LINK you named for the "SaptialLabs Pro View" does not contain any TrueGame software !!!
    Only at the non Pro version at this link you can find the TrueGame software included.

@aalkaabi
    unfortunately I can't give you a direct tip, I don't have the game in my assortment.

• JackE

The link wasn't meant to be for the TG software, just for possible Pro app options that might affect the issue if you didn't have the app installed yet.

Jack E/NJ

• aalkaabi

all other games works well except this one.

• JackE

all other games works well except this one.

As suggested earlier, the game itself might be the issue not the hardware nor the app. It might eventually be fixed by the developers but no guarantees.

Jack E/NJ

• AnitaS
    AnitaS Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hi @aalkaabi,

I ran into the same issue and found a way to work around it. You can try the following:

• Launch the game from the TrueGame app, then use the hotkey to disable 3D so you can see the settings clearly
    • Go to the game settings and manually set the resolution to 4K
    • Now you can re-enable 3D and it will look correct

I'm not sure if this is a game issue, but hopefully it's fixed soon.

• aalkaabi

hi @AnitaS . Thanks, but that's not a solution, that's the problem.

• JackE

»>Now you can re-enable 3D and it will look correct»»

»>that's the problem. »>

Why is the suggested workaround for buggy game software a problem? As mentioned earlier, the developers might eventually fix the game bugs. Meanwhile, using the slight inconvenience of the workaround seems like a fairly reasonable solution to me if it works.

Jack E/NJ

• aalkaabi

because of this inconvenience I asked the question in the first place. Obviously there is no other way to start the game in 3D, and because this form is for anyone having issues with True games app.

• JackE

»»It runs just fine through steam directly (No 3D). »»

Sorry. 'No 3D’ suggested otherwise.

Jack E/NJ

• aalkaabi

😂 I hope you are enjoying your screen like I'm enjoying mine. One game issue doesn't change the fact that it's a wonderful screen.