Aspire 5 model N20C5 Button on motherboard broke my laptop

Options
Mr_Identity
Mr_Identity Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops

pretty simple, i have an Aspire 5 model N20C5, there is a button on the mobo (pic attached) and me being curious and all pressed it and now my laptop wont boot. It turns on, fans spin, it heats up but no display or any reaction from the keyboard

Any idea what the button does or how i can get my pc to boot?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,451 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do a Hard Reset, open the back up again, take the main battery out and then disconnect the bios battery and take the ram out, leave all components discounted for 15min and reconnect everything, reboot as this should reset the super IO and bios chips, as pressing a button should not do this to your laptop,

Pressing that button should not do anything with the reboot into the OS of your laptop, you must have done some other thing to a of the boot drive connections also, check that all plugs are connected and that there are no signs of any circuitries being burned/shorted out. Btw, I've got the same A515-56-57UV laptop and your Aspire 5 model N20C5 is the same A515-56-xx.

• Mr_Identity
    Answer ✓
    Options

thanks all, turns out the ram was seated badly, taking out the hard drive and putting the ram in correctly fixed the problem

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,451 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do a Hard Reset, open the back up again, take the main battery out and then disconnect the bios battery and take the ram out, leave all components discounted for 15min and reconnect everything, reboot as this should reset the super IO and bios chips, as pressing a button should not do this to your laptop,

Pressing that button should not do anything with the reboot into the OS of your laptop, you must have done some other thing to a of the boot drive connections also, check that all plugs are connected and that there are no signs of any circuitries being burned/shorted out. Btw, I've got the same A515-56-57UV laptop and your Aspire 5 model N20C5 is the same A515-56-xx.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,765 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @Mr_Identity

Your picture shows a 256GB SATA 2.5" SSD instead of the 2.5" SATA mechanical HDD that came with your unit (or an empty space), Did you install the SATA SSD when you pressed that MOBO “button”, if so disconnect the SATA SSD ribbon cable and try to boot without it. The POST should complete regardless of a HDD but some BIOS may stall with a faulty SATA drive 😉

• Mr_Identity
    Answer ✓
    Options

thanks all, turns out the ram was seated badly, taking out the hard drive and putting the ram in correctly fixed the problem

• Arnould34
    Arnould34 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Same thing happend with me but i tried the different method Click on the Given link for more information. View this Site for an amazing answer.